Quieting overspeed warning?

Chp56

Try reducing the aircraft's speed, the overspeed warning is sounding for a reason!

+1 Probably has crash detection turned off, also. OP, trying to break the sound barrier in a C-172?;)

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Try reducing the aircrafts speed, the overspeed warning is sounding for a reason!

This is actually funny! Lol

I’ve heard this alarm only a couple times myself. I ensure I watch my speed carefully now.

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

You can go into the sound cfg and change the volume

by editing the parameter shown below:

[OVERSPEED_WARNING_SOUND]

filename=baover

maximum_volume=9900

You must change aircraft then go back to the original aircraft to hear the difference.

Hope this helps,

Aaron

Skysong Soundworks

Aaron

Don't worry. You won't be a 'pilot' for very long. The airplane will disentagrate and you will be a 'flying object' with no parachute. Bye Bye Birdie!

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Don't worry. You won't be a 'pilot' for very long. The airplane will disentagrate and you will be a 'flying object' with no parachute. Bye Bye Birdie!

Chuck B

Napamule

Since when did simulated flying become reality? ;)

Roger that! I tend to turn all that bitching Betty stuff off also. So what if I'm going 800 kts in a Cessna 172!! LOL!

Cheers

Aaron

Really?

To me, this doesn’t rhyme with the fact that, according to yr sig up this thread, you’re a developer for realistic (payware) engine sound packages.

If you’re really the one your sig insinuates, you just lost some customer credibility imo.

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

Hello

To Original poster

I haven't altered any sound files for a long time now ,but I used to use a utility that actually came with windows itself called sound recorder ( I think that's what it's name was) I don't know if it's still Included in Windows 10 ,but it was an extremely simple process to load the offending wav file into Sound recorder ,lower the volume,listen and if satisfied save the file, then replace said file back to its original location.

I have some sympathy with the OP as certain callouts ,warnings etc were often so loud in comparison to the other sounds within an aircrafts overall sound values ,that I nearly hit the cockpit ceiling and narrowly missed crashing into mountains ,seas, hippos up rivers etc

Seriously though either FSrecorder or any wav file editor is what you need, or perhaps the method described in another post earlier in this thread concerning altering the aircrafts cfg sound entries ,should result in much flight enjoyment and significantly reduce your chances of sound related heart attacks upon overspeeding ,landing etc etc

Cheers Andy

Thanks Andy-I have played with sound recorder before and what you have described would certainly work,but I have found an easier way (I think from somebody here),and that is to open the sound folder for the plane,open sound cfg with notepad,scroll down to overspeed warning,and add a couple of forward slashes on each line,like this:

//[OVERSPEED_WARNING_SOUND]

//filename=baover

//maximum_volume=9900

then save and exit-course you'll have to do this on each plane that HAS an overspeed warning section

Thanks Andy-I have played with sound recorder before and what you have described would certainly work,but I have found an easier way (I think from somebody here),and that is to open the sound folder for the plane,open sound cfg with notepad,scroll down to overspeed warning,and add a couple of forward slashes on each line,like this:

//[OVERSPEED_WARNING_SOUND]

//filename=baover

//maximum_volume=9900

then save and exit-course you'll have to do this on each plane that HAS an overspeed warning section

OK glad you have sorted it.

Just one thing using the method you describe , doesn't that remove the overspeed warning completely?

Cheers Andy