Jarrett Airport (5PN7) Pennsylvania

The left outside view of this strange place

fsscr001.jpg

I decided on a full flap, slow as possible and a touchdown as close to the edge as possible. No way was I waiting for the displaced threshold to go by..

fsscr002.jpg

Cut the power and dropped it on to the dirt!

fsscr003.jpg

Brakes and back pressure

fsscr004.jpg

Just made it to a stop with feet to spare

fsscr005.jpg

"Tower" view

fsscr006.jpg

Turned it around right on the edge

fsscr007.jpg

Held brakes, gunned it, rolled until it just got into the white arc and pulled her up for best angle of climb

fsscr008.jpg

Got to get it over the trees

fsscr009.jpg

Going home to change my pants and the seat cover...:D

fsscr010.jpg

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I knew you could do it David! Good job! Now, get back to our travel entertainment! LOL!

Rick :cool:

Thanks Rick! Really, enough of this goofing around. On to the next leg of the journey! :pilot:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I THINK I CAN! I THINK I CAN! I THINK I CAN! I THINK I CAN!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]211344[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]211345[/ATTACH]

MAYBE I WON'T! MAYBE I WON'T! MAYBE I WON'T! MAYBE I WON'T! :rolleyes:

What's the saying about "OLD BOLD PILOTS?" Can't remember, but, tonite I don't care to be BOLD!

Go for it!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I did try the Cessna 185 and got it out of there with no problem! I just tried an approach for landing and was too high, had to call it quits while I was ahead. I have to get elevation of this field and then, maybe I will try it again!

Approximately 220 feet MSL

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mr Jarrett hasn't seen this much action in his back yard, EVER!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]211346[/ATTACH]

This whole landing strip is bizarre! AND, leave it to you to find it David!

I was waiting for that! A VTOL 747! :D

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks David, yes, SkyVector showed 210' Maybe, I will try a helicopter! I'm not very good with those, so, something to think about?:rolleyes:

You’re right. I double checked. 210

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gosh, that airport looks like the deck of an aircraft carrier. Great landing and nice takeoff. No problem for the small planes but your pushing it with the bigger ones. Jim

Thanks Jim. It would look good with an A380 on it!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I was checking out my Flightradar24 last night to see what this private airport really looks like today. A lot different than what is in FSX :D

Img_3155b.jpg

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think you need to submit this finding to their website! :D

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The conversation in this thread cracked me up. :D

I'm gonna check out Jarrett Airport in P3D. I kind of hope it's like this so I can give it a go.

Prepar3d v4: HP Omen Desktop. Intel Core i7-8700K (6 Core, 3.7GHz), NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (11GB dedicated GDDR5X), 16GB RAM, 2TB Hard Drive, 1TB SSD, 512GB SSD, Windows 10.

I'm gonna check out Jarrett Airport in P3D. I kind of hope it's like this so I can give it a go.

Kirk - It's a 1200' shelf, that about the best we can call it! Be careful. David got his Maule in and out of it, I only tried a Cessna 185 taking off and manage to do it. Still have to attempt a landing. Landings will take the most attention, as it's not whether you can touch the tires down at the exact spot, it's getting the tires to stop rolling by the time you reach the end of the "shelf!"

Good luck and let us know how you do! :rolleyes:

We would all love to see a master at work! I'm very curious to what it looks like in that program. :D

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wow! Now there's an airport that really doesn't want pedestrian traffic!

I suppose they could fill that moat with water and alligators if needed.

Of course that wouldn't stop our intrepid water-loving airman from having a go. :rolleyes:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-7700 3.6GHz / GTX1660 6GB / 32GB RAM / 49" Samsung CHG90 / WIN10

Wow! Now there's an airport that really doesn't want pedestrian traffic!

I suppose they could fill that moat with water and alligators if needed.

Of course that wouldn't stop our intrepid water-loving airman from having a go. :rolleyes:

Ha! Jan dodging gators! Now that I would love to see! :D

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

All von Peerhovens have no fears regarding any animal. Some are panicking when big spiders appear...:eek::o

download.jpg

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]