BglComp.exe not working

Ralie25

Hi all,

So I finally have BglComp.exe on my computer. Have created an xml scenery file and looking to convert it to bgl. When I drag and drop the xml file to bglcomp.exe all that happens is a quick flash of command prompt then nothing else - no bgl file is created. Any relevant suggestions please!!

Thanks

Ok thanks for the tips guys. I have the SDK file on my computer - CRJ pilot I had to download the bglcomp.exe from the Prepared website - there wasn't one included with my version of FSX (steam). Both BGL Analyze and ModelConverterX look slightly above my paygrade so am unsure if they will help create a bgl from xml. F16 Jockey, how do I run the bglcomp.exe from a command prompt window? I get to opening the command prompt window but don't know where to go from there. Tips on Google proved unhelpful.

From what I can remember using scenery shortcut was a breeze, somehow I need to get back to this level of simplicity! I assume there is nothing else out there that will create a BGL from an XML?

Update: I am currently in the process of following the first link in CRJ Pilot's post - the FSX SDK. Hopefully this will be a more useful version!

My most common error that produces this is the language syntax has to be EXACT. (Correct spaces etc). If you can use a template from a similar bgl it helps. Take a bgl, decompile it into xml, and then recompile. If it goes fine, it's not the compiler.

... how do I run the bglcomp.exe from a command prompt window? I get to opening the command prompt window but don't know where to go from there.

1) Place your .xml file in the same folder as bglcomp.exe

2) Holding down the Shift key, right mouse click in that Window and you should get an option to "Open command window here"

3) In the command window type - bglcomp filename.xml

4) press Enter

5) If you cannot sort out what is displayed in the command window, take a screenshot of it and post in a reply.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience