50 USA State Challenge! Part 7

Three legs to this part of the journey. Lincoln Park (N07) New Jersey to Northeast Philadelphia (KPNE), Pennsylvania to Martin State (KMTN) Baltimore, Maryland and finally Sussex County (KGED) Georgetown, Delaware. 11 States so far. Enjoy!

PART 1

The route:

fsscr000.jpg

Leaving Lincoln Park in this plane was not easy!

fsscr001.jpg

Keep that back pressure on the yoke!

fsscr002.jpg

fsscr003.jpg

fsscr004.jpg

Coming in to Northeast Philadelphia

fsscr005.jpg

fsscr006.jpg

fsscr007.jpg

Please see Part 2

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Part 2

Leaving Northeast Philadelphia

fsscr008.jpg

The City of Brotherly______ You fill in the blank.

fsscr009.jpg

fsscr010.jpg

fsscr011.jpg

Approaching Martin State (KMTN)

fsscr012.jpg

Turning downwind

fsscr013.jpg

fsscr014.jpg

Please see Part 3

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Part 3. A little tour of the airport and then off to Sussex

F35's lined up?

fsscr015.jpg

King Airs?

fsscr016.jpg

Who's the girl in the green top? :cool:

fsscr017.jpg

More traffic

fsscr018.jpg

Until we meet again

fsscr019.jpg

Approaching my final destination for the day Sussex County (KGED) Delaware

fsscr020.jpg

fsscr021.jpg

fsscr022.jpg

fsscr023.jpg

Until next time and thanks for viewing!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice looking Cherokee David! That will give you a little change, and give the 172 a little breather!

We're all enjoying your adventure. Believe me, when you get out west towards the Pacific coast, they scenery is unbelievable. I did a lot of my legs with jetliners as the altitude of some of those mountain tops are really high! Keep up the good work and I really do like the map layouts that Jim had suggested. When you get finished with the adventure, I'll pin you down one day, and you can help me get my computer setup with that program. And, you should be a Pro with it, by then!

Rick :cool:

Nice looking Cherokee David! That will give you a little change, and give the 172 a little breather!

We're all enjoying your adventure. Believe me, when you get out west towards the Pacific coast, they scenery is unbelievable. I did a lot of my legs with jetliners as the altitude of some of those mountain tops are really high! Keep up the good work and I really do like the map layouts that Jim had suggested. When you get finished with the adventure, I'll pin you down one day, and you can help me get my computer setup with that program. And, you should be a Pro with it, by then!

Thanks Rick. I am really enjoying this adventure. Out west is going to be great! It's nice to visit airports I never even thought of. Yes the Little Navmap is great. I definitely need to get deeper into the program. I just know how to plan the routes and use the map. Connecting it to FSX and all the other fancy things I will need to read and practice a lot more. :D

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great Cherokee indeed David, another great leg in your "50 State Tour" A festival of new airports I want to go to :cool::cool::cool:

Min Part 2, picture 3 there is a very strange looking airstrip I want to check out.

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Very good!

Your pace is great- keeping those refueling trucks a hopping!:cool:

Thanks! It’s virtually expensive too...:D

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Maybe some drink needed, generally?! :):)

That will work!:D

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

David, I did the same route, but I didn't see the odd runway in FSX Acceleration. I tried every little field...:);)

I'll have to check it out when I get home from work. If I recall it wasn't to far west of New York city.

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

New York? Pic 3 is in the section of leaving Philadelphia? Unless you are heading north back to New York City? :rolleyes:

Oops, Southwest of Philadelphia! Good catch Rick. Sorry about that Jan :o

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yep, David, you found a strange airport indeed!!!

2019-8-19_13-9-39-924.jpg

Appears to be airport 5PN7 to the west of Philadelphia Northeast? Check out the houses to the right side, falling into the PIT!

https://skyvector.com/airport/5PN7/Jarrett-Airport Says it's a 1200' runway? Be careful if you try it!!! LOL!

Edited by Downwind66

Yep, David, you found a strange airport indeed!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]211328[/ATTACH]

Appears to be airport 5PN7 to the west of Philadelphia Northeast? Check out the houses to the right side, falling into the PIT!

https://skyvector.com/airport/5PN7/Jarrett-Airport Says it's a 1200' runway? Be careful if you try it!!! LOL!

WTH? I knew it looked odd from the air but I sincerely think there is something amiss with the rendering in FSX! That is just way too funny!!!!!!!!!! Now I'm more interested than ever to check that out. I might be able to set a Maule on it. Maybe I'll call the guy that owns it and send him the picture and ask him how long it took him to build that :D Ancient Astronaut Theorists say yes! Someone call Giorgio Tsoukalos to investigate this place......

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, crap! I missed parts 3 - 6.

Be back later. :D

Prepar3d v4: HP Omen Desktop. Intel Core i7-8700K (6 Core, 3.7GHz), NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (11GB dedicated GDDR5X), 16GB RAM, 2TB Hard Drive, 1TB SSD, 512GB SSD, Windows 10.

I had to laugh too David. If you call the owner, ask him what is holding up the 2 houses on the right side! If you do fly the Maule in there, be extra careful coming out, you only have 1200' to work with! (You can do it, I know!)

Here you go, from a different angle!

2019-8-19_13-2-4-456.jpg

2019-8-19_13-9-39-924.jpg

Edited by Downwind66

Well, crap! I missed parts 3 - 6.

Be back later. :D

Awesome! I hoping to find more strange stuff!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I had to laugh too David. If you call the owner, ask him what is holding up the 2 houses on the right side! If you do fly the Maule in there, be extra careful coming out, you only have 1200' to work with! (You can do it, I know!)

Here you go, from a different angle!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]211330[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]211332[/ATTACH]

I guess the next time I see something out of place on my flights, I need to take the time to check them out. You know, stop and smell the roses so to speak... :D

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No David, in this case, you did just fine! We don't want you to take "time out" just to fly the finding(s) as a challenge. We all want to see you finish out this adventure! I was flying the Chipmunk when I took these pics! Was I tempted to try the 1200' runway? NOPE, maybe a Piper Cub, but this scenerio was much more than I wanted to try!