QW 757 Ultimate Collection

kingnorris

Kind of a long read, so bear with me:

So I’ve had the original release of the 757 Ultimate by Quality Wings for awhile now, and the other day I went to fly it for the first time in a long time, but it would crash my FSX boxed edition. Long story short, it was due to that particular model no longer being compatible with my FSDT GSX version 2.

Found out I had to re-register through Flight 1, which I did, no problem.

Ok, problem solved. However, it no longer uses the old Livery Manager for repaints. It now uses something called Dispatcher.

Here’s my new issue: I downloaded some repaints but when I attempt to install through Dispatcher, I get an error reading “this repaint (AAL.DL) already exists!” and it’s unable to install.

I’ve deleted past repaint downloads, but the message still shows up. Googling was no help, and I’m awaiting them to approve me at the QW forums.

I have no idea what else to try, as the old liver manager is no longer on my pc. Anybody have ideas? Thanks.

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

Hi Norris, I don't have that aircraft or use the dispatcher, but if I read correct is it trying to install direct to the aircraft?

If so if that texture already in and it is finding it that is why its saying its already there, I'm just guessing mate.

Col.

Hi Norris, I don't have that aircraft or use the dispatcher, but if I read correct is it trying to install direct to the aircraft?

If so if that texture already in and it is finding it that is why its saying its already there, I'm just guessing mate.

Col.

Ok, thanks. The only way to install repaints into this particular aircraft is by using the dispatcher. And no, the repaints in question are not there. I have the house liveries only.

It’s like it’s reading my previous install, which has since been deleted. I’m dumbfounded here..and apparently the only user with this issue, as there’s nothing on google about it..

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

Ok, thanks. The only way to install repaints into this particular aircraft is by using the dispatcher. And no, the repaints in question are not there. I have the house liveries only.

It’s like it’s reading my previous install, which has since been deleted. I’m dumbfounded here..and apparently the only user with this issue, as there’s nothing on google about it..

I think that's rubbish, unless the Despatcher uses proprietary software.

Can you load the software in a format recognisable by the aircraft?

And add it's entry to the aircraft.cfg?

I would do that then...

I don't have the QW757 either, but if the livery manager has been updated, maybe the model has also been updated - do you have the latest updates/service packs from QW and/or Flight1?

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I don't have the QW757 either, but if the livery manager has been updated, maybe the model has also been updated - do you have the latest updates/service packs from QW and/or Flight1?

As far as I know I do. The new plane works with GSX now. The older one crashed and had numerous other issues.

****UPDATE******

Fixed! I went into my main program folders, and there were some folders remaining from the previous install. I manually deleted each one then redownloaded the repaints, and no longer got the error messages, and was able to install the repaints.

Happy flying all!

You gotta watch those QW guys. I got a update for the 787 and they left non-existent aircraft [fltsim.x]'s in the aircraft.cfg. I mentioned it to them and they re-posted the corrected update.

Also regarding the repaints. You can always install them manually. The repaints are actually just .zip files, just rename the repaint.qwl to repaint.zip then extract and move the files just like adding ANY FSX repaint.

Also glad they got rid of the Add-On Manager crap for Flight1 on the 757

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

You gotta watch those QW guys. I got a update for the 787 and they left non-existent aircraft [fltsim.x]'s in the aircraft.cfg. I mentioned it to them and they re-posted the corrected update.

Also regarding the repaints. You can always install them manually. The repaints are actually just .zip files, just rename the repaint.qwl to repaint.zip then extract and move the files just like adding ANY FSX repaint.

Also glad they got rid of the Add-On Manager crap for Flight1 on the 757

I think I tried that method before to no avail, but thanks.

The 757 is a great plane in my opinion. I haven’t taken the plunge and bought the 787 just yet. I’m reading mixed reviews on that A/C..

I think I tried that method before to no avail, but thanks.

The 757 is a great plane in my opinion. I haven’t taken the plunge and bought the 787 just yet. I’m reading mixed reviews on that A/C..

Have you tried their 146/RJ package? It is phenomenal.

Have you tried their 146/RJ package? It is phenomenal.

It looks really good, but that type of A/C isn’t my cup of tea, as they say...

It looks really good, but that type of A/C isn’t my cup of tea, as they say...

Agreed...Do like the two Boeings

Regarding the 787, rumor is the -10 variant should be released soon (Free upgrade for current owners) and QW has said they will increase the price after they do. On the other hand a port over to FSX 2020 will not be a free upgrade.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro