Image Hosting Site question

ColR1948

I am at the moment using 'ImageShack' for hosing my images, mostly my aircraft repaints but I do have a couple of other albums for family stuff.

The reason I am asking is it's getting expensive now and at £25 a month and I'm on an old age pension too, so you can see why I am looking elsewhere.

I read Google Photos is supposed to be free, does anyone else use it and is it free?

Col.

Hi Colin, I use Microsoft OneDrive and Google Drive for files and photos because they're free - between them I should never fill either one, I've found them to be ideal for screenshots.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Hi Tim, I didn't realise but I already had pictures on Google Drive, I'm glad I looked because some I had no idea they were there and are a bit personal so I deleted those and no not rude ones lol.

The other one Microsoft OneDrive if I read it correct they are charging a fee.

Col.

Hi Col, Microsoft OneDrive is free if you have a Microsoft account such as Outlook.com email - my personal email is with live.co.uk and that also qualifies.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

According to their pricing plans you can get 5Gb of storage on OneDrive free and 100Gb for only $1.99/month. Even the $1.99/month is a lot less than what you're paying now.
Prepar3d v4: HP Omen Desktop. Intel Core i7-8700K (6 Core, 3.7GHz), NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (11GB dedicated GDDR5X), 16GB RAM, 2TB Hard Drive, 1TB SSD, 512GB SSD, Windows 10.

Or take it up a notch and go Amazon AWS S3. I use that and a plethora of others. I also use it with CloudBerry Backup.

Imgur is alright, but I've had some of my pics disappear. They were political so some idiot proabbly complained. Other than that they all stay there.

Images guru is another.

I put my aircraft repaints on OneDrive, I did a test to share them, you have to be careful when doing it I notice, there is a tick box for you to select, by default 'Allow Editing' is ticked, to not allow uncheck it.

Then you can get a link to post for anyone to view the pictures, but if you go on again to share the allow editing is checked again so you have to uncheck it plus the share link also changes.

I sent a test to my daughter to make sure lol.

I hope it works for you, Col.
Prepar3d v4: HP Omen Desktop. Intel Core i7-8700K (6 Core, 3.7GHz), NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (11GB dedicated GDDR5X), 16GB RAM, 2TB Hard Drive, 1TB SSD, 512GB SSD, Windows 10.