Fokker Autopilot adjustments

beroun

Hi,

got excellent Fokker 100 but the Autopilot adjustments (speed, heading, altitude) react very slowly.

Example: changing heading requires tapping touch-pad or clicking + or - sign very many times compared to other aircraft where tapping + or - in heading adjustment moves more quickly. For example changing autopilot heading 180 degrees requires tapping + or - sign about 10 seconds compared to other aircraft when it takes only 1 or 2 seconds. Same goes for altitude and speed adjustments. Mysteriously it is only Fokker 100 all other aircraft adjust more quickly.

Any remedy appreciated.

Thanks

Peter

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways

Which model is it? PAD? Project Fokker? Need more info. If it's the Project Fokker I looked at aircraft config and spoted a couple of things that might be causing this. Of course, if you are making a 180 at 350 kts then all bets are off. Speed makes a difference (and should be around 150 kts max) for auto pilot heading changes. There are 'limits' you know (hehe).

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Hi Chuck

It is PROJECT Fokker-100/70 v2 (PF10070v2). Excellent aircraft, panel and handling is fantastic. Except the slowness of adjusting the autopilot knobs (as mentioned in my post). You mentioned the speed. This flaw has noting to do with speed. Changing the autopilot settings is slow at any speed. I was just making autopilot 90 degree turn at Panama City and it took me about 8 seconds of tapping heading plus sign to move the heading 90 degrees.

Cheers

Peter

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways

Hi,

Have actually found answer.

The slow adjustment response is somehow built in the Fokker autopilot gauge01=PF10070!AP, 220,267,804,106. Have resolved it by adding AP controls above the Fokker AP from B748 aircraft (see white numbers) and adjustment speed is now normal. See picture. For those who want to try it below are the AP gauge controls I added:

gauge54=Z_B748KM_WH!B73NG APcrs Window, 500,266,32,15

gauge55=Z_B748KM_WH!B73NG APspeed Window, 648,250,32,15

gauge56=Z_B748KM_WH!B73NG APhdg Window, 768,250,32,15

gauge57=Z_B748KM_WH!B73NG APalt Window, 898,250,45,15

Thanks for all the responses.

PeterFokker AP (2).jpg

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways

Hi,

got excellent Fokker 100 but the Autopilot adjustments (speed, heading, altitude) react very slowly.

Example: changing heading requires tapping touch-pad or clicking + or - sign very many times compared to other aircraft where tapping + or - in heading adjustment moves more quickly. For example changing autopilot heading 180 degrees requires tapping + or - sign about 10 seconds compared to other aircraft when it takes only 1 or 2 seconds. Same goes for altitude and speed adjustments. Mysteriously it is only Fokker 100 all other aircraft adjust more quickly.

Any remedy appreciated.

Thanks

Peter

Hello

I haven't f!own the PFokker for a long time ,but don't remember a problem with the autopilot settings.

I assume you are not using a flightplan ?if you were then changes to course would be automatic .

As to tapping many times to alter course ,speed etc what about your mouse wheel ?with mine I can make changes quickly using that.

Cheers Andy for

This is the definitve answer: ''..your mouse wheel..''. No mouse? No mouse wheel! You go to vc and click on dial with numbers (for whatever AP function you want) then spin your mouse wheel to change the numbers. Too easy? If I did not have a mouse, and a joystick, I just would not fly. It would be impossible for me to tolerate the pain and suffering of trying to fly with only the keyboard. I feel for you.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

This is the definitve answer: ''..your mouse wheel..''. No mouse? No mouse wheel! You go to vc and click on dial with numbers (for whatever AP function you want) then spin your mouse wheel to change the numbers. Too easy? If I did not have a mouse, and a joystick, I just would not fly. It would be impossible for me to tolerate the pain and suffering of trying to fly with only the keyboard. I feel for you.

Chuck B

Napamule

Hello Chuck

Are you saying the OP is not using a joystick or mouse?

If that is the case then my suggestion of mouse wheel etc is of no use.

Why on earth would anyone not use a joystick or mouse in a flight simulator? A joystick not only ma!es flying so much more satisfying especially a programmable one it also (in my imagination anyway )gives the feel of flying a real aircraft.

Great as you push it open for takeoff ,retract for landing and all the bits in between ,views taxxing etc

Anyway

Cheers Andy

Edited by HoratioWondersocks