Nemeth AW109 Won't start/loses avionics

Ralie25

Hi all,

After upgrading my system I have opted for the Nemeth AW109. 2 problems, one is that the engines won't ignite (starter engages but won't light). Second is that after about 7-8 minutes of flying (I got the engines started a few times) the avionics crash and I lose the map and the artificial horizon droops down and doesn't depict the horizon.

I am starting each flight in the default C172, switching the battery and alternator off but leaving the avionics switch on, magnetos to both, and mixture fully rich (after the engine stops). I also leave the beacon light switch on.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks

I am starting each flight in the default C172, switching the battery and alternator off

Try leaving them on, this is why the A109 is awkward to start and why it's avionics are crashing.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Thanks for the tips for the AW109. Got it working well. Just realised I didn't fly it long enough to check the avionic problem - will check this soon. Sorry if asking about my other post was too much - just frustrating not being able to get the object placer to work!

Thanks

Glad you got the AW109 working. I was going to answer the object placer question in that thread but Loyd has already answered it. Edited by tiger1962

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

A big thanks for the tips re the AW109 - avionics don't quit 5-10 minutes into the flight which is very pleasing. Got it all working like a fine machine. Have just had a quick look re the object placer, will post in that thread any questions which by the look of it I may have. Big thanks to all that have replied!