50 USA State Challenge! Part 3

Time to leave North Windam (3N3) in Vermont. Destination Worcester, Massachusetts (KORH). Just a very short flight. After a night of camping with the plane, it will be nice to get to civilization. But first, the short field take off.

Part 1

The route:

fsscr000.jpg

OK. All the way at the end of the field. 10 degrees flaps, 3/4 tanks of fuel, just me in the plane plus supplies. Hold the breaks, go to full throttle, check the RPMs, release brakes, get the speed into the white arc and then get the nose up for best angle of climb. I was actually a bit nervous! It's been a while since I did one of these :eek:

fsscr001.jpg

Pull up to best angle of climb to clear the trees

fsscr002.jpg

Yee haw!

fsscr003.jpg

This is the fun of flying!

fsscr004.jpg

fsscr005.jpg

From the hangers view

fsscr006.jpg

Got to clear the mountains before I make my left hand turn on course.

fsscr007.jpg

fsscr008.jpg

fsscr009.jpg

Part 2 coming up

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Part 2

Approaching Worcester. Tower wants a right downwind to 29

fsscr010.jpg

Our local not so friendly towers

fsscr011.jpg

Right downwind 29

fsscr012.jpg

A look at downtown

fsscr013.jpg

fsscr014.jpg

Base leg. I think I stretched the downwind just a bit.

fsscr015.jpg

fsscr016.jpg

fsscr017.jpg

Seriously?!

fsscr018.jpg

Time to call it a day...

fsscr019.jpg

Edited by DAVIDSTRAKA

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Time to call it a day?" I think I would be wanting to get the H... out of there and find the next airport to "Call it a day!"

You done good though, nice flight! How many more miles to the Pacific coast?

Rick :cool:

Well Rick I did want to continue to Rhode Island to get one more state under my belt. Alas, life got in the way yesterday evening.

How many miles? I have no clue, I'm making this up as I go! :D

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That will be a great series of posts!

Appreciated that good short field takeoff!

Thanks Gerard! I guess the most fun short field take off I ever did was during my Commercial pilot, multi-engine training. At that time we were flying the Piper Seminole. Runway 25L Daytona Beach, FL. It was actually the "complex" part of the Commercial check ride. Now that was cool!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

David, looking at the screenshots it appears you will be flying this all with default scenery? It may be just me but I would think things would get a bit repetitive after a few states?

Clutch

Hi Clutch,

The scenery is: REX Worldwide Airports HD, ORBX Global BASE, ORBX Freeware Airports. Definitely does get a bit repetitive especially in the northeast. Things should change as I go. The mid west I feel is going to be really repetitive!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Good leg again David, Don't want to know how many miles to go......;) I really like your project, hat off! :cool::cool:

Why thank you kindly! It is enjoyable :D

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A fine flight David. Lots of nice airport destinations to go. :cool: :cool: :)

Thanks Larry! Having a good time for sure

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great shots. Very nice flight except for the ground control screw up. Which one of you had to "back up"? Jim

LOL! ATC kept telling me to taxi and the others had to hold. I decided to take the grass :D

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice flight and shots except for that little incident on the taxiway! :D

Thanks again! Yeah, that was a bit odd

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]