German concept FAST 3-hauler bomber B&V 170 (FSX)

peer01

The Blohm & Voss P 170 was a three-engined unarmed fast bomber project by aircraft manufacturer Blohm & Voss during the Second World War (1942). It was so fast, it could outrun the fighters at that time, so it needed no arms. Blohm & Voss presented two models, but no one was ever built. Pity the panel doesn't work in this FSX updated plane. I tried several other panels, but the only thing you see is big fat BMW engine in front of your nose.....

FSC Gold including Acceleration

Freeware Blohm & Voss 170

Freeware Heringsdorf scenery (North German Coast near Penemunde and the Polish border.

Freeware Drzewiecki grass textures

Freeware HDE-V2 clouds.

Here's a take off from Heringsdorf:

Please click on the pics to enlarge

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

I hope you like this rare concept plane:)

GREETS!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Have to tried moving the view in the panel forward more Jan, I had that in one aircraft and after a bit of editing I got it right?

Looking at the picture of it maybe moving it up as well might work but the cockpit does seem a long way back, how strange to have it there.

Col.

No clue where they were going but a great view of where they'd been. :p

You do find interesting nuggets of aviation among the tailings of history. :) -- Bob

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-7700 3.6GHz / GTX1660 6GB / 32GB RAM / 49" Samsung CHG90 / WIN10

That is one of the most unusual aircraft I’ve ever seen! :eek:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Same company, same story: Blohm & Voss 194 from 1944. Designed for a heavy BMW radial engine, ore a jet engine. they never built one.

The jet engine was placed behind the cokpit btw.

When you think you've seen it all:

Please click on the pic to enlarge

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

:):)

Edited by peer01
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Because it has no guns to defend itself, but bombers carry bombs. And in those days bombs only fell down. And it's not easy to defend yourself against fighters with only bombs that fall down. Or you have to fly above them and drop them on their heads. (Like you did on my roof). And when you do that your bombs are gone, so you have to fly back to where you came from to get new ones. . So: it's not armed with guns, but it carries bombs. Capito? Yes? I can mail you a hand-out if you like. If you pay for it! :mad: Sigh! PAH! TSK! Edited by peer01
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great prototypes!

Both are water-related, should one think about:) The first one is a sort of race car with two sharks, or seals either side. The second has the pilot atop one of the sharks. All what Peer needs (for the race car, don't see much on the other hand :) )

(BTW, as far as the first one is concerned, it was just a bomber with no armement further for cause of its speed, allowing to escape any fighter)

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Me neither Rick! :confused: Thanks! :) I made a wrong interpretation about the last one: It had 2 engines, one MB BIG radial engine and a jet engine behind the cockpit.....:o:o Edited by peer01
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A lot of very interesting concepts came out of German aviation during WWII.

Necessity may have been the Mother of invention, but Hitler* was its Führer. :rolleyes: -- Bob

*Actually it was Göring, but that wouldn't be punny.

Edited by azzaro

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-7700 3.6GHz / GTX1660 6GB / 32GB RAM / 49" Samsung CHG90 / WIN10