Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Edwards AFB? No Fly Here...

1. Default

Update: The same thing keeps happening. When the plane is at Teterboro (NJ...Sea Level)...No problem starting. When I try taking off at Edwards Air Force Base (California...2300 ft)...The plane coughs, and coughs, and coughs...The engine refuses to turn over. Even the Ctrl>E trick doesn't work. I leaned the mixture like Mr. Zippy suggested. No go! Was gentle with the mixture knob...No go! The "funny" thing about all this is everything is just fine at Teterboro???!!!

Have you tried staring another aircraft and switching over to the Mooney Bravo?
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

3. Default

Good Idea, Mr Zippy. I'll try another aircraft, and switch...

4. Default

Hi Mina's Man,

I am surprised that CTRL+e didn't work, its usually a fairly good failsafe when us sim pilots just want to jump in and fly. CTRL+e usually sets the correct parameters for engine start, although there are some helicopters that don't always co-operate.
    If you shut your engines down at Teterboro and then try to restart do they fire up or do the cough and splutter like at KEDW.

Below is a link to download a PDF for the default Mooney Bravo, Download/extract/unzip.
    In the PDF there are Before Start and Startup procedures / checklists, see if they correspond with your Mooney Startup settings, perhaps you may need to also bring the throttle to 1/4 at this altitude (KEDW -EdwardsAFB).
    Also I was not quite right with the boost pump advice, the checklist says you should run the boost pump for 20-40seconds then bring the Throttle back to idle, with the Mix at 100% rich then turn the starter, doing this must prime the fuel system for altitude starts. I don't think the Mooney will even try to kick with lean mixture.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downlo...-mooney-bravo/

5. Default

Thanks for the link, jethrom. I think flyawaysimulation is the same place I got my original checklist from, but I will investigate.
    When I shut my engines down at Teterboro, there are no problems if I try to re-start. I've done this a few times because I like practicing around the airport. I taxi to parking, shut it down, then re-start and taxi to another area. That's how I learn airports. Oh well, thanks anyway...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2