What happens into danger zones in FSX

Wheatgrass

I've been flying and tracking AI (with STB) and on the map I noticed area called danger ,prohibited , and restricted zones. These zones were in the middle east when and one case Turkmenstein. So I was wondering what were to happen If you flew into these areas

In real life many of these areas will be there for a specific reason and will have specific restrictions assigned to the area in question. This often includes heights, timings etc.

Where there are such restrictions, such as height for example, you will be able to overfly the area in question unimpeded as long as you are above the minimum height

For example these areas are often around sensitive military airfields, military testing areas and weapon ranges, government buildings, government/state owned residences, power stations, , jails etc.

Some, like military testing areas and ranges, will be only active for short periods and will normally be notified by NOTAM.

Regards

Brian

FSPassengersX has war zones around the world which you can manually activate/deactivate or create new ones. You DO get shot at from the ground when flying low enough (i.e. on approach), you DO take damage and you can be shot down if you take enough damage.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

FSPassengersX has war zones around the world which you can manually activate/deactivate or create new ones. You DO get shot at from the ground when flying low enough (i.e. on approach), you DO take damage and you can be shot down if you take enough damage.

I've always wondered if there was an add-on to do just that. Now my questions: Can I set it up to use my Area-51 creation to have a restricted zone? And does it fire on AI? That would be so cool to see overflying AI get shot done. LOL

To expand a bit on Brian's real life comments, in the U.S. there are a number of different restrictive airspace types, included Prohibited (stay out), Restricted (check with the controlling agency, or often with ATC, to see if it's active), and MOA (Military Operating Area), where you can go there anytime you like, but be prepared to encounter military aircraft training and maneuvering, which might be tough to avoid. There are other types, too, but you'll find them depicted on charts, usually with contact information.

Other countries have their own versions of this stuff, most being similar but they may not be identical, and the appropriate charts should help you find where they are and who to talk to.

That being said, I've never heard of a "Dangerous" airspace, but then I don't fly around India or the mid-East either. And I don't know what the sim might show you in those areas.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

@CRJ - Yes you can set up your own 'dangerous area'. It wouldn't work on AI aircraft, only the user aircraft, but there are visual and sound effects to go with it which are pretty cool.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

.....That being said, I've never heard of a "Dangerous" airspace, ....

Like Larry I have not seen/heard of airspace labelled as "Dangerous" but I have seen/heard of areas labelled as "Danger Area" - these are often ranges and/or military ground training areas where live firing takes place.

Regards

Brian