Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What happens into danger zones in FSX

1. Default What happens into danger zones in FSX

I've been flying and tracking AI (with STB) and on the map I noticed area called danger ,prohibited , and restricted zones. These zones were in the middle east when and one case Turkmenstein. So I was wondering what were to happen If you flew into these areas

In FSX, probably nothing. IRL, probably get shot down.
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

3. Default

I the Sim, a couple F-16's or what ever won't meet up with you, in real life, yes.

My forum project. Click me
    OOM errors? Read this.
    Pick an Amazon wish list, help a child out
    From RLG, Fly heading 053, intercept 315 DVV, look for the orange glow of a SAM.

In real life? A compulsory invitation to land at a nominated airfield or airport, and meet the headmaster for a good thrashing..!

In the sim, nothing...

Quote Originally Posted by Wheatgrass View Post
    ... and one case Turkmenstein...
    According to official local government reports, there’s NO CRIME at all in Turkmenistan .
    btw Most airlines go over Turkmenistan on the Europe-Thailand route. But I would land there...

Wim

In real life many of these areas will be there for a specific reason and will have specific restrictions assigned to the area in question. This often includes heights, timings etc.

Where there are such restrictions, such as height for example, you will be able to overfly the area in question unimpeded as long as you are above the minimum height

For example these areas are often around sensitive military airfields, military testing areas and weapon ranges, government buildings, government/state owned residences, power stations, , jails etc.

Some, like military testing areas and ranges, will be only active for short periods and will normally be notified by NOTAM.
    Regards

Brian

FSPassengersX has war zones around the world which you can manually activate/deactivate or create new ones. You DO get shot at from the ground when flying low enough (i.e. on approach), you DO take damage and you can be shot down if you take enough damage.
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz OC'd 4.2GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 16Gb 3500MHz Ram, 1TB & 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M case, CH Yoke & Pedals, Asus K272HL 27" Monitor, Windows 7 x64

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by tiger1962 View Post
    FSPassengersX has war zones around the world which you can manually activate/deactivate or create new ones. You DO get shot at from the ground when flying low enough (i.e. on approach), you DO take damage and you can be shot down if you take enough damage.

I've always wondered if there was an add-on to do just that. Now my questions: Can I set it up to use my Area-51 creation to have a restricted zone? And does it fire on AI? That would be so cool to see overflying AI get shot done. LOL

My forum project. Click me
    OOM errors? Read this.
    Pick an Amazon wish list, help a child out
    From RLG, Fly heading 053, intercept 315 DVV, look for the orange glow of a SAM.

To expand a bit on Brian's real life comments, in the U.S. there are a number of different restrictive airspace types, included Prohibited (stay out), Restricted (check with the controlling agency, or often with ATC, to see if it's active), and MOA (Military Operating Area), where you can go there anytime you like, but be prepared to encounter military aircraft training and maneuvering, which might be tough to avoid. There are other types, too, but you'll find them depicted on charts, usually with contact information.

Other countries have their own versions of this stuff, most being similar but they may not be identical, and the appropriate charts should help you find where they are and who to talk to.

That being said, I've never heard of a "Dangerous" airspace, but then I don't fly around India or the mid-East either. And I don't know what the sim might show you in those areas.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:
    Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

@CRJ - Yes you can set up your own 'dangerous area'. It wouldn't work on AI aircraft, only the user aircraft, but there are visual and sound effects to go with it which are pretty cool.
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz OC'd 4.2GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 16Gb 3500MHz Ram, 1TB & 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M case, CH Yoke & Pedals, Asus K272HL 27" Monitor, Windows 7 x64

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast