Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: End of runway turning circle.

@f16 yes the folder is active, funny thng is I made a slight mod to an airfield and it did update in the rebuild but it didn't show in the sim.
    @Christian, you may be right about the Orbx, I once went on the Orbx forum and asked about a certain scenery, I was told by one of their reps how to change it, but then he said if I did I would lose all support from them in the future, so I left it.
    The funny thing is he told me how to change something as I thought that was support but it seems not lol.

Col.

Quote Originally Posted by ColR1948 View Post
    @f16 yes the folder is active, funny thng is I made a slight mod to an airfield and it did update in the rebuild but it didn't show in the sim.

Col.
    So now it could be you have two airportBGLs. One in the ORBX own folder and one in FSX\AddonScenery\scenery... And you see the airport where your change not worked.
    Try to find out if you have double airport bgls
    happy landings! Christian
    Intel i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHZ, 4 Kerne, 16 GB
    MSI RX 480; M. SATA WD 500 GB;
    WD RED PRO 2TB Win 10, 64 bit; FSX Gold Acc.

No I deleted the one in the AddonScenery folder.

On this subject I saw an airport scenery not long ago and it said it was Orbx compatible, so it shows there must be some conflicts when adding certain scenery files.

Col.

@Christian, you were right about the Orbx, another friend offered to help with the AFCAD, he got it to work but the only way it would was to move the AddonScnery above Orbx.

Now in doing so the AFCAD worked but the scenery was messed up, ie buildings and trees on the taxiways, so it was back to how it was before, moving the AddonScenery below Orbx and deleting the new AFCAD.

Col.

@Col, right this was my experience. And so I found:
    either ORBX or no ORBX.
    I have some elderly freeware ORBX airports and I let them so as they were. Other freeware airports or stockairports I can make better or put them on the right place or complete them for using AI traffic. But never I do such at ORBX airports.
    Sometimes I think it is a pity but it is so. I dont know why but obviously they use FSX-SDK in a other way. Perhaps it would work with PD3 but not with FSXA.

PS. Yes there are exceptions but extremely rare

Hi Col,

As you will know I have often made comments about how I keep most of my scenery outside of the default FSX Addon Scenery location - indeed, I store it outside of FSX...

There are two options you can use to get around this and use the modified AFCAD file....

Option 1 -

A. Create a new folder inside of the default FSX Addon Scenery folder - e.g. Addon Scenery\My Airport Files.
    B. Create the two required subfolders (Scenery and Texture) within this new folder - eg Addon Scenery\My Airport Files\Scenery.
    C. Activate this folder location in FSX as normal.

Method 2 -

As method 1 above but create the folder either as a new folder within the FSX root directory - e.g FSX\My Airport Files\….. - or outside of the FSX - e.g C:\My Airport Files\…..

The selected location outside of FSX can even be on a different harddrive from FSX if required.

Both methods will then allow you to keep the new folder above both the default Addon Scenery folder AND the ORBX folder.
    Regards

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by longbreak754 View Post
    Both methods will then allow you to keep the new folder above both the default Addon Scenery folder AND the ORBX folder.
    Clearly you can use this way but I don't think it would help to'mix' your scenerychanges with the ORBX-scenery. Loading the ORBXscenery IMO you only can see this scenery and not a scenery above or
    below. And loading the 'extern' airport you couldn't see the ORBX-scenery.

And if you see really a 'mix' you wouldn't be content with the result!
    Last edited by Flattermann; 08-13-2019 at 10:59 AM.

The main reason I started this was to stop ai aircraft backtracking to the end of the runway and use a designated taxi path instead.

I sometimes use EGCD Woodford instead of the more busy EGCC Manchester as it's not that far away, I more use it to test aircraft.
    Thinking about there are other airfields not that far from EGCC that I could use instead but I decided to alter EGCD and this is how the thread changed it's course by me asking about ADE lol.

I know what you mean Brian, I have my ai flight plans in the AddonScenery like you shown me ages ago and they work fine instead of in the Scenery\World\Scenery folder.

Col.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3