50 USA State Challenge! Part 1

I've been meaning to do this for a long time. I'm going to fly to all 50 states, prop aircraft only. It's going to be a zig-zag up and down across the USA. However, the challenge will be Puerto Rico, Alaska and Hawaii. I will need recommendations for long range prop aircraft for the long haul flights. The other goal will be to fly into interesting airports that I have not visited before.

This first flight was from the furthest north in Maine (KFVE) Northern Aroostook to New Hampshire (KBML) Berlin Regional.

Part 1

The route:

fsscr015.jpg

fsscr000.jpg

fsscr001.jpg

fsscr002.jpg

fsscr003.jpg

fsscr004.jpg

fsscr005.jpg

fsscr006.jpg

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Part 2

fsscr007.jpg

fsscr008.jpg

fsscr009.jpg

fsscr010.jpg

fsscr011.jpg

fsscr012.jpg

fsscr013.jpg

fsscr014.jpg

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Way to go, David! If you are going to do it in a Prop plane, choose one with a little comfort and I think you did that! One suggestion, and this will mean something after you have completed your journey. If you have an old Road Atlas, mark your legs on it using a high lighter pen. You would impress yourself when it is all "said and done!" I did east coast and west coast trips, no in between, and it was fun to look back and see all the places I had flown into!

Have fun! - Rick :cool:

Way to go, David! If you are going to do it in a Prop plane, choose one with a little comfort and I think you did that! One suggestion, and this will mean something after you have completed your journey. If you have an old Road Atlas, mark your legs on it using a high lighter pen. You would impress yourself when it is all "said and done!" I did east coast and west coast trips, no in between, and it was fun to look back and see all the places I had flown into!

Have fun! - Rick :cool:

Good idea on the atlas. I’m using that plus Flightradar24 to choose the airports and routes. Well Active Sky also. This will take a while!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Good idea on the atlas. I’m using that plus Flightradar24 to choose the airports and routes. Well Active Sky also. This will take a while!

I did all my own flight planning, chose airports 130-250 distances apart, preferred those with ATC and ILS capabilities. I printed all my flight plans and occasionally go back to them and refly them again! West coast flights from San Diego north to Vancouver really offer some exceptional scenery, and all I am currently running is default FSX. You, with all the "bells and whistles" you have added to your computer, ought to yield some really nice scenery, something you can share with all of us!

Yes, it will take a while, but you have the time and it will keep you out of trouble! Good luck and enjoy!

Rick :cool:

Find one with long range wing tanks if possible, something like this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]211119[/ATTACH]

Much appreciated. Looks great for the Puerto Rico run

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great set of shots on your first leg. Affording fuel for that King Air will be pretty costly but it sure has lots of comfort. I did a coast-to-coast in a PA24-250 Comanche with tip tanks. Fast and good range. Enjoy your trip and keeping an atlas log is a great idea. Jim
I am a King Air fan. [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great set of shots on your first leg. Affording fuel for that King Air will be pretty costly but it sure has lots of comfort. I did a coast-to-coast in a PA24-250 Comanche with tip tanks. Fast and good range. Enjoy your trip and keeping an atlas log is a great idea. Jim

Sounds like s fun flight and plane. I’m hoping to have a variety of props. The longer legs will be in the faster planes. The shorter ones will be single engines :)

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

David, great idea, And the first leg is a beautiful one! :cool::cool::cool: Can't wait for the next flight, really looking forward to the next 49! :)

Thanks you much! As they say, stay tuned!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Good luck on your mission. Take off safely and land safely. Then you know you are having a good day!

Well thanks! Looking forward to the adventure :)

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sounds like s fun flight and plane. I’m hoping to have a variety of props. The longer legs will be in the faster planes. The shorter ones will be single engines :)

Aw, come on David! I think the 50 state tour would be better accomplished in a nice open air Stearman! Be Adventurous! :rolleyes:

Aw, come on David! I think the 50 state tour would be better accomplished in a nice open air Stearman! Be Adventurous! :rolleyes:

Exactly! I am taking suggestions :D

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I did a round the world flight years ago, when I got to Australia I had the moving map on another screen, I was flying in to Perth where my cousin lives.

I was on Facebook then and I was telling him I was just flying over such and such, his daughter also saw the message and they thought I was on my way to see them.

His daughter was saying she couldn't wait to see me again, another member of my family in England also thought I was there and was saying how lucky I was going to get some warm weather, because at the time it was freezing in England lol.

Then I told them where I really was. :)

|

I did a round the world flight years ago, when I got to Australia I had the moving map on another screen, I was flying in to Perth where my cousin lives.

I was on Facebook then and I was telling him I was just flying over such and such, his daughter also saw the message and they thought I was on my way to see them.

His daughter was saying she couldn't wait to see me again, another member of my family in England also thought I was there and was saying how lucky I was going to get some warm weather, because at the time it was freezing in England lol.

Then I told them where I really was. :)

|

That is classic! Visiting Australia is on my real life bucket list. I’ve posted some of my better flight sim screenshots to Facebook and my non-sim friends would think I was actually flying the aircraft and thought I was taking pictures while flying. It was a bit fun :D

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

50 USA State Challenge! Part 1

the challenge will be Puerto Rico, Alaska and Hawaii.

Does not compute. :D

Puerto Rico is an United States territory much like the Virgin Islands and the U.S' part of Samoa.

I've flown around the world five times now. The first time being in a well modified Lear 45. I went from Denver Eastward with stops from Nova Scotia, Greenland, Iceland, Scotland, down to London, over the channel to Europe, the Middle East, a bunch of *stans*, Nepal, South East Asia, Guam, Wake Island, Midway Island, Hawaii, and onto Los Angeles. From LA I went to Vegas and then back to Denver. The only time I had to cheat with fuel was going over the Pacific from Hawaii to Los Angeles. That was a long route!

The rest of my round the world trips have been in my highly modified F-22 flying at an unrealistic cruise of mach 2.35 (about 1,500 MPH ground speed) at FL500. I have touched all seven continents and been to more countries then I can count. LOL

Does not compute. :D

Puerto Rico is an United States territory much like the Virgin Islands and the U.S' part of Samoa.

I've flown around the world five times now. The first time being in a well modified Lear 45. I went from Denver Eastward with stops from Nova Scotia, Greenland, Iceland, Scotland, down to London, over the channel to Europe, the Middle East, a bunch of *stans*, Nepal, South East Asia, Guam, Wake Island, Midway Island, Hawaii, and onto Los Angeles. From LA I went to Vegas and then back to Denver. The only time I had to cheat with fuel was going over the Pacific from Hawaii to Los Angeles. That was a long route!

The rest of my round the world trips have been in my highly modified F-22 flying at an unrealistic cruise of mach 2.35 (about 1,500 MPH ground speed) at FL500. I have touched all seven continents and been to more countries then I can count. LOL

I just threw PR in there since it is a territory and closer than the others. I just never had a chance to include it in a flight.

You have been everywhere around the globe for sure!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You have been everywhere around the globe for sure!

I actually want to learn how to paint liveries because when I finally pull the thought of buying the PMDG 737NGX off the back burner and buy it, I want to paint it in a 'Where in the world is Carmen SanDiego" colors and scheme.

Don't know if you or anyone else is familiar. But Where in the world is Carmen SanDiego was a DOS video game I played back in the 6th grade circa 1993 and was a TV game show with kids using their geography skills to win.

1Unrg.jpg

Edited by CRJ_simpilot

Something else you should consider doing is that with each stop look on Wikipedia and read about that airport if it has an entry, the state or town and check it out in Google Street View. This is what I do. There is even footage around the DPRK which is where I went once. But not Street View imagery, but small clickable dots showing a panorama view of that area. I gotta say, North and South Korea looks pretty nice. Even Taipei.

I've even been to no man's land Mongolia, and there is Street View imagary there as well. LOL One thing I found funny was that I think it was Latvia where I saw a "New York style pizzeria." HAHAHA

You may want to consider installing this add-on. poisusa.zip

Then post all your post cards.

Edit-

Speaking of Perth. Did a little airshow over there once. My scenery isn't the best, but I do have ORBX global, Active Sky, and Active Sky Cloud Art.

You hear my callsign as Lockheed Foxtrot 22, but I have since changed it to Mantis 77 thanks to EditvoicepackX. Just got tired of the mundane callsign I had and since I know how to make voice files for things I finally made up my own callsign. Did you know a Preying mantis can latch onto a small bird? And they will hiss at you if they feel threatened.

Edited by CRJ_simpilot

Oh! Aircraft choice! I'd go with a B1900 C or D variant myself. Good fuel range, speed and cruise altitude. I like the D model cockpit myself. I have the PMDG B1900C/D planes and I retrofitted the RealityXP weather radar and SANDEL TAWS (Terrain Alert Warning System) into the cockpit in its rightful places using FS Panel Studio. I even had a gauge that played automatic flight attendant announcements. I think that gauge mostly worked on AGL elevation, speed and flap positions as triggers to when one announcement was spoke vs another. I had to do some fine tuning with the XML code for the gauge with what little understanding I have of XML code. But I managed to get it down pretty good for a nice flow of cabin announcements. It did trip on flying over the Rocky Mountains though. I'd get an announcement from a flight attendant about preparing to land, but I was no where near the airport on approach. Too bad the XML logic didn't incorporate other variables to determine if you were on approach based on a possible ILS, or ILS DME if present. I'm sure you could even use some code based on runway distance so long as you programed what runway you were landing at with such and such airport. That code exists in my WAAS gauge I have in my F-22. It creates an artificial ILS if a runway doesn't have one. So I can pretty much land where ever in my F-22 providing I have at least 2500-3000 feet of runway.

Absent of a B1900 you can get here in the library, you could go payware and fly this aircraft: https://pmdg.com/pmdg-bae-jetstream-4100-for-fsx/

Wikipedia indicates it has a range of 774 NM, cruise altitude of FL260, and cruise speed of 260 knots/340 MPH.

I actually want to learn how to paint liveries because when I finally pull the thought of buying the PMDG 737NGX off the back burner and buy it, I want to paint it in a 'Where in the world is Carmen SanDiego" colors and scheme.

Don't know if you or anyone else is familiar. But Where in the world is Carmen SanDiego was a DOS video game I played back in the 6th grade circa 1993 and was a TV game show with kids using their geography skills to win.

1Unrg.jpg

I do remember you that! It would be a great paint!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That thread is crowed :) Good omen!

Good idea, and the Wikipedia one is good too. Checking where you get, what eating, what drinking :)

I personally pretended flying for my site, two holidays in the northeastern USA with a rent Cessna. you may check at http://flightlessons.6te.net/ustourx.htm (FSX), or http://flightlessons.6te.net/ustour.htm (FS2002)

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net