Fiat G12 CA

An old bird from Italy, the Fiat GA12 CA, there are more versions to come of the G12, I know Jan already has them so he may post his collection.

Fiat G12 CA Takeoff.jpg

Fiat G12 CA Flight1.jpg

I couldn't help but wonder what the aircraft would look like without that nose engine, so I put the DC3 nose on it as an example lol.

G12 DC Hack.jpg

Edited by ColR1948

On this Subject of Tr-Motor Aircraft I recently downloaded 8 different versions of Savoia Marchetti aircraft, funny thing is I used to have them all on my old Hard drive before it crashed and I lost them.

Col.

Edited by ColR1948

You are really finding some really great aircraft! Keep 'em coming. :pilot:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh yes, I have a lot of "trimotors" in my hanger: Junkers, Ford, Avia's. Dorniers, Cantz, BN-Trilander, Fokkers, Savoia's, Dewoitines, there are a lot of three engined birds for FS.

Here's the last one I found, never knew it existed: British built Airspeed Ferry (not an engine in the nose, but on the roof...)

Please click on the pics to enlarge:

2019-1-15_21-29-40-273.jpg

2019-1-15_21-47-51-874.jpg

Edited by peer01
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 years later...
... can you give a list of the Savoia's you found? I simply love the older SM's & Fiats. (FS2004, if possible)

The Savoia Marchetti S.73 is very nicely modeled by Stefano Meneghini for FS2004. It has different civilian and military versions as well as documentation describing navigation and handling. It is available here on Flightsim (s73_v20.zip). An upgrade is also available here for FS2004 (s73_up21.zip). A further upgrade to an FSX version is available here as well (s73_v30f.zip).

screenshot6.jpg

Visit FSXMissionsHangar.com

For Missions in FSX and P3D

A civilian version of the "Spaviero" — Savoia Marchetti SM.79CS is very nicely modeled by Francesco Giuli, and available here on Flightsim (giusm79.zip). More civilian repaints are available on SOH (FS9_SM79civile_repaints_UT.zip).

sm79cruisefront.jpg

Another version of the civilian Savoia Marchetti SM.79CS by Manuele Villa is also nicely modeled and available here (s_79cs_t_fs9.zip).

01.jpg

Edited by lastivka
wrong url

A "clean" repaint version by Huub Vink of the civilian Savoia Marchetti S.79CS I-ALAN (Manulel Villa version) is available from SOH (FS9_I-ALAN_SM79_Clean_I-ALAN.zip). Also a replacement sound pack, edited to deliver the tri-motor sound of three Alfa Romeo 126 radial engines is available for the S.79 from SOH (SM-79_Sound.zip).

945514633487494651.jpg

[Photo by Huub Vink]

The Savoia-Marchetti SM.95, together with the Fiat G12 featured above, was one of the first airliners of Alitalia, the new Italian company after the War. This type of aircraft entered in service in July 1947 on the route Roma-Oslo. The last flight ws in September 1954, due to the entry in service of more modern aircraft with pressurized cabins and modern avionics. A model of the SM.95 has been modeled by Francesco Giuli for FS2004, and is available here on Flightsim (giusm95.zip).

SM95Cb.jpg

[Photo by Shessi]

One man's trash is another man's treasure... thus eBay. :D Dude started that company right out of his garage. Well, so did Harley Davidson, Amazon, and Mattel I do believe. The doll's name is Barbra Millicent Roberts BTW. ("They're coming for you Barbra." And watch Barbie run through a graveyard. LOL)

I wish I was 18 back in circa '93 when I saw the television commercials for eBay, Google and Yahoo. Being the person I am I would have made bank in the stock market. That goes for buying domain names. Now-a-days it's a very fine art. But boy would I have loved to have amazon.com et al. x.com was the precursor to PayPal. Guess who owned and now reacquired the x.com domain? There's nothing there but a text document, but he bought it back for nostalgia purposes, and I would do the same thing.

Edited by CRJ_simpilot

• 2 weeks later...
As for Fiat I had a neighbour give me a Fiat 500 air cooled engine car, it was in a bit of a state. I cleaned it up and inside and out and when he saw it he was sick, he said, "Blimey, never knew it could look like that, I would have kept it."

Col.

They were fun little rides if you didn't need to get anywhere fast and could afford all the oil! Having said that, in today's world where everyone seems to think one hand is for the wheel and the other is for the phone, I'd be petrified to take it out on streets with a speed limit over say 25mph!! :eek::eek: Same for the Renault Dauphine and a ton of other similar rides.

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

One man's trash is another man's treasure... thus eBay. :D Dude started that company right out of his garage. Well, so did Harley Davidson, Amazon, and Mattel I do believe. The doll's name is Barbra Millicent Roberts BTW. ("They're coming for you Barbra." And watch Barbie run through a graveyard. LOL)

I wish I was 18 back in circa '93 when I saw the television commercials for eBay, Google and Yahoo. Being the person I am I would have made bank in the stock market. That goes for buying domain names. Now-a-days it's a very fine art. But boy would I have loved to have amazon.com et al. x.com was the precursor to PayPal. Guess who owned and now reacquired the x.com domain? There's nothing there but a text document, but he bought it back for nostalgia purposes, and I would do the same thing.

I worked around a vendor guy in the 90's that was into Beanie Babies?? On business trips to Europe, Japan, even just around Michigan he was more interested in buying/trading Beanie Babies than doing the job he was sent there to do.

Even though he was third generation management in the company, they finally let him go. My only question was/is, why did it take them that long??

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Ha Ha Michael, yes I hardy ever put petrol in as well, it seem to run for ages. I once owner a Reliant 3 wheel van, fibre glass body, that was a bit novel.

Do you know of a DAF 3 cylinder engine car, the man who used to live next door had one, it wouldn't start normally and he had to push it and jump in to bump start it?

Col.