Concerning FSrealweatherPRO..Not wishing to hijack other post on this addon

HoratioWondersocks

Hello All

I notice that some pilots are experiencing problems with FSrealweatherpro. i.e. setting you up at the wrong runway for the prevailing wind direction.

I too have experienced this, and curious I checked out the FSRW site and I found there a very recently updated version of FSREALWEATHER.PRO (FREEWARE of course)I downloaded this and installed hoping that this updated version may do something to fix the wind/runway error (experienced fairly recently)

Unfortunately on first running's no joy I tried both Heathrow and Gatwick, both showed a westerly wind ,but kept setting me up on runway 9.

Usually if this happens I simply reload the flight a couple of times and eventually FS9 will position me correctly ,but not now unless I was prepared to move manually I was stuck on the wrong runway.

As a final thought I decided to restart my pc ( instead of shutting down and starting) hoping this may do something and lo and behold I now am getting positioned correctly on the runway for the prevailing wind directions.

I have windows compatibility set for WINDOWS XP (SERVICEPACK 2)

So in short compatibility service pack 2 plus a restarted PC seems to have fixed things for me.

Hope this may be of some help ,but things may be different for individual users so the usual cautions apply.

Cheers Andy

Many Thanks Andy,

I addressed this in different posts. Yes, the FSRealWX is acting up and the wind direction is going haywire. I was even once cleared by ATC for take-off and some aircraft were landing against me in opposite direction! Weird, the FSRealWX always! worked perfect. Something happened about three months ago. Hope the chaps will fix it.

Cheers

Peter

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways

Many Thanks Andy,

I addressed this in different posts. Yes, the FSRealWX is acting up and the wind direction is going haywire. I was even once cleared by ATC for take-off and some aircraft were landing against me in opposite direction! Weird, the FSRealWX always! worked perfect. Something happened about three months ago. Hope the chaps will fix it.

Cheers

Peter

Hello Peter

If you go to the FSweather site you will see that there is a new (only updated about two weeks ago) version of the FsReal weather Pro(Freeware) this one now is positioning correctly.

If you read my orig post you will se e a number of things I have done which may or may not have helped in the correct running of the program,(after installing re starting the pc ,using xp service pack 2 compatibility, using administrator rights )but it's definitely working for me.

Cheers Andrew

Thanks Andrew,

have downloaded the latest FSrealWX and bingo, so far so good, the wind direction during my first few flights worked fine.

Many Thanks again,

Cheers

Peter

Your welcome.

There is only one small gripette I have with FSrWX, and that is in and around cruising altitude I will quite often get quite severe turbulence ,a bit similar to the old FS9 real weather downloads ,and I can find myself being hurled around the sky. I noticed there is an option to disable turbulence in and around clouds so I have done that , but suspect that I will still get the anomaly as it is occurring at high twenties to thirty thousands feet,(cruising altitudes ) were I am usually way above the clouds ,bar a few cirrus(Maybe its those pesky cirrus)

Anyway over all its a good program and its free to so cant complain(to much :))

Andrew

If you have FSUIPC you can check a setting and it will disable the turbulence at altitude. It works really well. I believe it's actually one of the winds aloft settings.

Thank you

I only have the free version of FSUIPC.

As the windshifts iam experiencing only happen occasionally I will live with it .(I usually survive 😉)

Thanks Andrew