Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help with another forum Cockpit.org

Default Help with another forum Cockpit.org

I am new to Flight Sim X and I am working on making a motion platform work with Flight Sim X. I have downloaded Link2fs and installed it. It works correctly so far as I can tell up till now, but on every Start Up I get a message box that says it cannot find a master file. I found a fix in a forum on Cockpit.org but I need to login to that forum to make use of it. This is where the difficulty comes in.

The registration process for Cockpit.org requires a Capcha verification - except something on the page is broken and I cannot do the verification. (I have tried it on 3 browsers, all with the same result, Firefox, Chrome and Edge). The same verification is required to send a message to the forum owner so I have no way of getting around it.

I am wondering if anyone on this forum can contact Cockpit.org and get the registration page fixed - or at least convey the problem to the forum owner.

Thanks,

Dale Gloer

Thank you for the link to the tips, however the problem I am seeing is that no Capcha is displayed and there is no entry box either. Only a frame in the page labelled Image Verification.

Also I didn't get the name of the forum site correct in my origi - it is MyCockpit.org

Dale Gloer

It could be as simple as: '...reloading the page in your browser'. You do this by pressing F5. Good luck.
    Chuck B
    Napamule
    i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D. FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

That is one of the suggestions in the link but nno matter how many times I reload the page nothing changes.

Dale Gloer

Quote Originally Posted by Cessna140usedtobe View Post
    That is one of the suggestions in the link but nno matter how many times I reload the page nothing changes.

Dale Gloer
    Do you have any ad blocker or anti-virus extensions in your browsers?

6. Default

Capcha doesn't show in any of my browsers. Now the site is saying server is too busy, I assume from too many attempts from my IP. I will try to contact them after the timeout has expired.

7. Default

I got 'the server is too busy' too. So it's either their server or they are under an active DDoS.

My forum project. Click me
    OOM errors? Read this.
    Pick an Amazon wish list, help a child out
    From RLG, Fly heading 053, intercept 315 DVV, look for the orange glow of a SAM.

8. Default

Found this.
    It doesn't explain clearly, but I get the impression that the "missing master file" message is not because of a missing file, but because of a fault when running the program.
    It then gives a new version of link2fs that should not give that error.

See here:
    https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5...link2fs-users/
    (avsim membership required I think.)

He can look at that page on AVSIM as a "guest". Bad news about the link:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	link.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	210872
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast