Help with another forum Cockpit.org

I am new to Flight Sim X and I am working on making a motion platform work with Flight Sim X. I have downloaded Link2fs and installed it. It works correctly so far as I can tell up till now, but on every Start Up I get a message box that says it cannot find a master file. I found a fix in a forum on Cockpit.org but I need to login to that forum to make use of it. This is where the difficulty comes in.

The registration process for Cockpit.org requires a Capcha verification - except something on the page is broken and I cannot do the verification. (I have tried it on 3 browsers, all with the same result, Firefox, Chrome and Edge). The same verification is required to send a message to the forum owner so I have no way of getting around it.

I am wondering if anyone on this forum can contact Cockpit.org and get the registration page fixed - or at least convey the problem to the forum owner.

Thanks,

Dale Gloer

Thank you for the link to the tips, however the problem I am seeing is that no Capcha is displayed and there is no entry box either. Only a frame in the page labelled Image Verification.

Also I didn't get the name of the forum site correct in my origi - it is MyCockpit.org

Dale Gloer

It could be as simple as: '...reloading the page in your browser'. You do this by pressing F5. Good luck.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Found this.

It doesn't explain clearly, but I get the impression that the "missing master file" message is not because of a missing file, but because of a fault when running the program.

It then gives a new version of link2fs that should not give that error.

See here:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/538648-for-the-link2fs-users/

(avsim membership required I think.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The description says that an update to W10 has caused the problem - and I have found that Link2fs continues to run correctly as far as I can tell. I have downloaded the replacement zip file referred to but I don't know what to do with it. It contains numerous files, none of which appear to replace or update the Link2fs files. A user on MyCockpit forum had it working so I would like to contact him to understand how to use it.

If anyone on this forum can help me I would really appreciate it.

Dale Gloer

Well, I will keep checking to see if it is fixed. In the meantime I figured out the answer to my original problem - How to use the Nuna version. The Nuna version download has numerous files in it while I was expecting just a single replacement .exe for the original Link2fs.exe and I didn't know what to do with all the files. Turns out that all that is required is to unzip the download and execute the NunaLinkFSXPV3D2.exe and everything works.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Dale Gloer