Orbx regions question

B44

I use FSX-SE on Windows 10 and have all the Orbx Global programs installed and they work and look great.

My question is about Orbx Regions. I want to start adding a few Regions particularly Southern Alaska. I see You Tube videos on the Southern Alaska Region from 6 to 8 years ago.

If I buy Orbx Southern Alaska Region now , will I be getting an 8 year old program or does Orbx continually upgrade these regions?

Edited by B44

I use FSX-SE on Windows 10 and have all the Orbx Global programs installed and they work and look great.

My question is about Orbx Regions. I want to start adding a few Regions particularly Southern Alaska. I see You Tube videos on the Southern Alaska Region from 6 to 8 years ago.

If I buy Orbx Southern Alaska Region now , will I be getting an 8 year old program or does Orbx continually upgrade these regions?

Whats the version number? If it's 1.0 then it hasn't been updated. Anything else, it has...

You may have to go to the ORBX forums to ask that question, but whether it's updated or not, it'll be so much improved in that area that it doesn't much matter. One big thing to keep in mind is that FSX dates back 13 years, and though the ORBX airports are giant improvements over the default ones, they still need some degree of backwards compatibility. And the improvements beyond the airports are great, too, including much improved mesh and landclass, along with many surprises such as tractors and combines in some farm fields, occasional animated animals, often near small airports, some unpaved runways that slope, and much more.

Of course if you're just flying airliners, then there's not that much for you outside the airports. but if you get low and slow there's a LOT more to see than just the Global stuff or default FSX stuff, often almost photographic scenery, even in many areas that are strictly autogen non-photo stuff.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Thanks for the reply Inuss. I never thought about the age and the need for some backward compatibility. It makes a lot of sense.

I only fly low and slow GA aircraft so your description of the Regions is exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks again friend.

Also if you are a senior citizen you can get a discount from Orbx, it isn't widely advertised but if you send them proof of your age then it gets logged on their system and any other/future stuff you buy off them the discount is automatically included.

When and if you do order more look after the install there is check boxes on most of their stuff where you can include/exclude certain things like people, static aircraft, grass, trees, parked cars etc.

Col.