My PCs specs

cooperwarner8

Hi,

Just wanted a general opinion of how my hardware should be performing running pmdg, orbx, traffic etc

3.0GHz 6-core Intel Core i5 with Turbo Boost up to 4.1GHz

RAM: 8GB

Radeon Pro 570X with 4GB of GDDR5 memory

1TB Fusion Drive

AMD Ryzen 3800X 3.9 GHz

GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Windforce 11GB

32GB 3200MHz RAM

1TB Crucial SSD

It is possible to run P3D with the computer described - barely.

You'll be mightily frustrated, I'm sorry to tell you.

Jorgen

I'm with Jorgen, and I would't wast my time on P3D with that spec, especially as it uses a Radeon Pro 570X with only 4gb of VRAM...

It's not that you have a weak spot and you can work around it by messing with a slider or two: You have a fundamentally weak system that barely meets the minimum specification.

Think about a new CPU, GPU, faster and more Ram, forgetting that Fusion drive for a true SSD - Or a new computer, if you will...

i currently sit on 30fps on the ground and 55fps in the air but heavy traffic and weather slows it right down.

I actually have ordered an additional 32 gb of RAM to install and am thinking about a more powerful external eGPU to run P3D. Obviously nothing i can do about the CPU but this doesn't seem to reach capacity anyway according to task manager

AMD Ryzen 3800X 3.9 GHz

GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Windforce 11GB

32GB 3200MHz RAM

1TB Crucial SSD

unfortunately have no choice but to stick with imac running windows 10 as this computer is new

That's disappointing, because it further depletes the capability of your system. Whyever did you buy an Imac for Windows use?

X-plane 64 v11 is the obvious first choice for that rig...