Textures for Ontario 2012 by Shehryar Ansari

Propwash

Today I finally got around to installing the Ontario 2012 scenery for FS2004. I know it's been a long time since it was posted, but for many reasons, I've been away from Flight Sim. Anyway, after installing the scenery, I noticed that while the buildings and gates are visible, they are just grey shapes, no definition, shading, etc. I installed as instructed in the readme file, but can't figure out what's happening (or not happening). Am I missing some Rwy 12 or EZ Scenery textures? Just curious, has anybody else had this problem? Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Mitch, thanks for the reply and suggestion. I did re-download the file and replaced the textures. Sorry to report, no change. I have even downloaded from AVSIM, same result. I have installed the 2006 version and works great. So.... I'm stumped. Don't know what to do now. I have installed the FSX version in my FSX and that one works great. So, you may ask, why not just use FSX? Good question. I guess I feel more comfortable using the old FS9. Any more thoughts or suggestions from you or anyone would be more then welcomed. Thanks

Ron aka Propwash

The 'key' I believe (in your case) is to UN-INSTALL the OLD version (or the one you installed yesterday). Doing just copy/paste evidently won't work as textures have to be installed to other folders than just the folder that the bgl's get 'put' into (the folders you create manually for FS9). This Ontario scenery is 'New N Improved' and 'stand alone' so you HAVE to un-install (not just delete) the 'old' version. OK? OK!

Chuck B

Napamule

Edit: ok, maybe not un-install. But there was also this in readme:

'IMPORTANT: If you have the previous version of this scenery you will need to delete a file which corrected the AI traffic altitude in the previous version. This file is named KONTelev.bgl and is contained in "FS2004"\Scenery\Namw\Scenery folder. DELETE IT.'

Edited by napamule2
i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Napamule, thanks for your input but I must say that I have already done all of that. No less then 5 times. Uninstall in Scenery Library, quit FltSim, to to Scenery.cfg, get rid of ONT2012 entry, save .cfg file then repeat with a fresh download of ONT2012. I know about the KONTelev.bgl file. The sim won't even load if the bgl file is installed. So must remove it. I am now convinced that there is something in FS2004 that is preventing the textures from loading -or- I'm missing some of the textures. Just curious, how many individual texture files should be in the ONT2012 folder? Other than the buildings and jetways, all runway, taxiway lines, etc. are good. I even have the static vehicles. I have installed other freeware scenery, FSDT scenery, Blueprint Sim scenery and Imagine Sim scenery. No problems. The only problem i have had is ONT2012. So, I just can't understand what is going on. The 2006 version of Ontario installs perfectly and the FSX version of ONT2012 installs perfectly. Just trying to figure this out. So, thanks for your input and suggestions. Ron

I kept a log of issues with FS and checked for KONT. I found this entry from late 2012:

12/26/12 fs9.exe properties and compatibility settings: disabled visual themes and desktop composition and solved the problem of having solid white textures at KONT2012 instead of proper night lighting "glow" effects on tarmac.

I can't remember exactly why or how this worked (Windows 7) for perhaps a similar issue, but I will post it in case it has any relevance to your issue. GL

Some sceneries will 'look' for their textures in the main texture folder - if you copy the KONT textures and paste them into the main texture folder they might appear in the sim.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Hi All. Got it fixed! First, I want to thank all who offered help and suggestions. Last night I reread all responses again. I thought of several issues, and removed the Addon Scenery folder. then restarted the sim. Got the default KONT. Realized then that the problem lay within the Addon Scenery Folder. So I returned the folder containing ONLY those scenery that were showing up as active. Everything works. I remembered the post from gaputz that mentioned three prior posts for a similar problem. That's when the light-bulb flashed on. I had some scenery (including FRF) that were not active. I guess I learned a lesson here. The only scenery files that should be in Addon Scenery are files that are active. Such a simple problem but took awhile to work the the brain fog. Again, Thanks to all who helped. Ron

They shouldn't have to all be active, that's why you have the option to be selective.

Over the years there have been many problems of textures not showing owing to duplicately distributed scenery libraries (some of which only provided textures needed for their own airport) but this is, I'm afraid, failure of the developers to understand how FS works and nothing to blame yourself for.

The full solution is to keep the libraries in a separate scenery layer and remove all of the individually distributed ones. That is quite a fiddly task if you are not familiar with such things but it would allow you to deselect airports you don't want/need if you wished.

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!