TDS AAL retro confused

liner simpilot

Hi it's Kenny again, I know I have been away for awhile but I think I remember how to upload aircraft's or repaints. Today I saw a TDS

retro repaint of AAL. I wanted it so I uploaded the the base model (see picture), started FS9 went to TDS the only one was the base model. scrolled down and saw AAL retro black where A/C should be. I tried installing the AAL b-757-200 retro into the aircraft folder (see picture), started FS9, still not there. As you can tell I have uploaded many TDS models thru the yrs, never had this problem. Was wondering if anyone as upload this A/C and had similar issues. I really like the retro looks of airlines past. If need more explanation I will try and answer it.

Many thanks, Kenny

FS2004 American retro B-757-200 website.png

FS2004 TDS B-757-200 model.png

inside AAL B-757-200 retro.png

inside aircraft folder.png

Main aircraft folder TDS models.png

Base boeing model B-757-200.png

Hi Kenny! Make this change to your aircraft.cfg [fltsim.x]

[fltsim.1]

title=©_TDS_01JUL2018_752RR +D00 +T000000 AMERICAN AIRLINES RETRO

sim=B757-200-PW-PW2040 //RB211-535E

model=RB211-535E4--W1

panel=

sound=

texture=AAL_RETRO

kb_checklists=

kb_reference=

atc_id=N679AN

atc_airline=

atc_flight_number=134

ui_manufacturer=TDS

ui_type=Boeing 757-200_RR--W1

ui_variation=American Airlines "Retro"

description=Flight Dynamics Designer\n Warren C. Daniel \n Nate

atc_heavy=0

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Thanks Mr Zippy for responding. I even tried a couple more things to no prevail. I even tried Pan Am nothing I did download an Eastern Airlines combined wit 757 it works. I don't understand why I can have many TDS's all of a sudden I cannot. Very confusing. I really like the classic AAL as so many other airlines are doing them once again. Again thanks, I will be checking in from time to time to see if other readers might have suggestions.

Kenny

Thanks Mr Zippy for responding. I even tried a couple more things to no prevail. I even tried Pan Am nothing I did download an Eastern Airlines combined wit 757 it works. I don't understand why I can have many TDS's all of a sudden I cannot. Very confusing. I really like the classic AAL as so many other airlines are doing them once again. Again thanks, I will be checking in from time to time to see if other readers might have suggestions.

Kenny

OK, Kenny, let's see your list of [fltsim.0 through fltsim.?] and see why the retro AA won't show. I also saw nothing but black until I made that change to the sim= line.

Thanks again Mr Zippy, my brain was over worked yesterday, so I stopped now new day. I noticed when looking at other TDS, Opensky etc.. complete folder in my lineup they all had (air) installer packages. If you read their all about the A/C section, it looks as though just download & go. I looked at several other TDS models no (air) installer package, not even the base. Could that prevent from flying? Just a thought.

Thanks Kenny

Thanks again Mr Zippy, my brain was over worked yesterday, so I stopped now new day. I noticed when looking at other TDS, Opensky etc.. complete folder in my lineup they all had (air) installer packages. If you read their all about the A/C section, it looks as though just download & go. I looked at several other TDS models no (air) installer package, not even the base. Could that prevent from flying? Just a thought.

Thanks Kenny

The (air) installer package is your .air file. You probably have Adobe Air installed on your computer, like I do. In any aircraft folder you must have a model folder, texture folder, aircraft.cfg, panel folder, sound folder and the .air file or in our case the (air)installer package.

All that stuff is needed to have a working aircraft.

Thanks Mr Zippy, I thought so. This particular folder with base model and without has no air file. They have all other folders needed, I even attempted to install a air installer package with matching info. Still nothing worked, what a shame as I like classic airlines sometimes with modern A/C. I guess I will have to hanger that A/C. Again much appreciated your help as usual.

Kenny

I've seen this a few times lately, either a miss-spelled air file or none at all, you can replace it with the default B737, that seems to be a good all round air file that works with a lot of aircraft.

Just look at CalClassics aircraft, they use it on lots of their aircraft and they all fly OK.

It seems a bit confusing as Hiroshi is always updating his work, meaning there tend to be files all over the place.

The FS9 base model and textures seem to be here.

tds757-200pax_model_and_textures.zip

The .air files and fde seem to be here.

tds757-200_fde.zip

Fortunately I have a FB account and download most of the updates from their support group.

It seems the only way to get the latest definitive updates is from FB, but even then it becomes confusing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]