notepad problem windows7

ranger206

thanks for the info, I cpy data to my note pad reinserted back into aircraft file fltsim.2] didn't take do you see a problem

title=Aerospatiale AS350B3 U.S.COAST GUARD

sim=as350

model=1

panel=

sound=

texture=U.S.COAST

kb_checklists=as350_chk

kb_reference=

atc_id=6959

atc_airline=

ui_manufacturer="Aerospatiale"

ui_type="AS350 B3"

ui_variation="U.S.COAST GUARD (winch)"

ui_typerole="Rotorcraft"

ui_createdby="Nemeth Designs"

description=RE-Paint By Darren

thanks for the info, I cpy data to my note pad reinserted back into aircraft file fltsim.2] didn't take do you see a problem

title=Aerospatiale AS350B3 U.S.COAST GUARD

sim=as350

model=1

panel=

sound=

texture=U.S.COAST

kb_checklists=as350_chk

kb_reference=

atc_id=6959

atc_airline=

ui_manufacturer="Aerospatiale"

ui_type="AS350 B3"

ui_variation="U.S.COAST GUARD (winch)"

ui_typerole="Rotorcraft"

ui_createdby="Nemeth Designs"

description=RE-Paint By Darren

What does [fltsim.1 or .0] look like?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

You need to read the info given to you in posts. What they (we?) are trying to tell you is that IF you have Windows 10 AND have sim installed to 'default' location (Program Files/Flight Sim) that Win 10 will not allow you to EDIT (anything) in that 'lives' under that folder (Program Files/Flight Sim).

The 1 work-around is to copy the aircraft.cfg to your desktop. Win 10 doesn't mind you doing edits to cfg when it's on YOUR desktop. You do edits then do 'File/Save As' and navigate to where the original cfg is and do 'ok' and then you say 'ok' to 'Overwrite?' question (warning?). Done. You should now see your edits in cfg and, or course, see the airplane in your aircraft selection display.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

thank you for the reply, I have win 7 pro and understand it is like win 10, I tried to do what you suggested and have some problem when I try to save, so I will keep at it as several post do suggest the same. I get this problem also on desktop when I try to save- access denied am missing something ? Edited by ranger206

One thing you can try is to RIGHT CLICK on the cfg on desktop then go PROPERTIES then in GENERAL tab look at ATTRIBUTES and see if it says it is BLOCKED. If it is then uncheck BLOCKED and then click on APPLY. Then OK. Now it should be ok to edit and then SAVE AS (navigate to DESKTOP) click on the cfg (the name gets put in 'file name'), then click on SAVE then OK to OVERWRITE. Done! That is what we ALL have to do (sometimes) and it's a Windows thing not a FltSim thing. It takes learning how to handle Windows to do things TO FltSim as you will find out.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

I will try that Chuck thanks , follow up haft hour latter trying to work on that I didn't have this problem until I up graded win 7 or when I rein stalled because of a computer crash, I understand your way of making this program worked... when hover control was active I new someone from England and he would go in to my computer and fix all the crazy things I did wrong so will have to look in to that again, meal while like you said, try different ways to make this happen ...again thank you .... Edited by ranger206
problems