Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Issue I don't understand

Question Issue I don't understand

I have no idea why I'm seeing this, it's standard airport ( Orlando KMCO ) but there are tree everywhere on tarmac around planes and buildings. There are NO other Orlando airports installed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled1.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	197.3 KB 
ID:	210772  

Playing dodge the tress, eh? Any ORBX scenery installed?
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

Default Orbx

Quote Originally Posted by mrzippy View Post
    Playing dodge the tress, eh? Any ORBX scenery installed? .
    Oh yes, lots and loys of ORBX scenery

Try this program in the File Library:
    FSX - FSX Scenery FSX Scenery--Lumberjack
    [ Download | View ]
    Name: agexcl3x.zip
    Size: 892,994 Date: 09-08-2007 Downloads: 2,709

FSX Scenery--Lumberjack, tree removal near runways. This set of files will remove trees near runways for every airport supplied as standard with FSX. Some rural airports have trees right up to the threshold, making them rather tricky to use! There are two versions of this archive, one called AGEXCL3X.ZIP and one called AGEXCL5X.ZIP. The first clears 3 times the runway width and the second clears 5 times the runway width. Both clear 1.5 times the runway length. By Jim Keir.
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

Thank you very much for your help it is very much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by westway View Post
    Oh yes, lots and loys of ORBX scenery
    Running FTX Central just once could solve this IIRC.

Wim

7. Default

This issue is probably what was stated with your add-on of what ever it is like ORBX. But often times some downloaded airports will have trees everywhere because the person who made the airport didn't get rid of them probably because they didn't know how.

You can get rid of trees at an airport by using the exclusion rectangle in the AFCAD editor called Airport Design Editor. You just draw a rectangle, or a series of rectangles around the airport, compile and add the new AFCAD BGL file to your addon scenery and you won't have trees and what not anymore.

My forum project. Click me
    OOM errors? Read this.
    Pick an Amazon wish list, help a child out
    From RLG, Fly heading 053, intercept 315 DVV, look for the orange glow of a SAM.

This is a long-standing problem at KMCO caused by ORBX Vector. Easy fix though. See post #46 on page 2 of this thread https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/...ses-on-runway/ . Simply download and install the two files per the instructions............Doug
    Intel 4790K @ 4.7Ghz, MSI Z97 Gaming 7 motherboard, Noctua NH-U12S cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 2133 MHz RAM, nVidia GTX 970 GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

This also happens when you use a FS2004 scenery in FSX. You can move the 'auto gen' slider to zero (all the way left) and the trees will be gone. You could do it (Pause + Options/Settings/Display/Scenery) while doing approach, land, etc, and go back and move slider as you leave the area to get your trees back. But of course the Orbx vector fix is the definitive answer.
    Chuck B
    Napamule
    i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D. FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

I like Orbx but I've had a few issues with some of it, I got a building on a taxiway that isn't there in the default scenery, when I went on the Orbx website and posted a screen shot someone suggested I was using some other scenery as well which I wasn't. Story short got no reply from anyone from Orbx, another thing that bugs me with their scenery is static aircraft, they seem to do lots of it.
    On some packages there is a tick box to not have them but I've done that and still they show at some places, they don't put them in remote areas on the airfield but on proper parking spots, so I've had ai park on them thus showing two aircraft mixed with each other.

There was one funny instance with Orbx, I had a complaint about an airport and I got an answer from one of their reps of how to fix it, then in the next sentence he said, if I do use the fix I would lose any future rights to any Orbx support, but I thought that was Orbx support, seems not lol.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast