Looking for someone using a Saitek X56 HOTAS

BigT-65

I have two X56 flight control systems and they are both having the same problem. I would like to find another X56 user to discuss this with. Here is the deal. When I try to fly inverted the plane will not stay in the inverted position. It immediately flips out of that position causing some lose of control and disorientation. The same thing happens when trying to do a roll. As soon as it gets inverted the plane flips out. If I slow the simulation rate to the slowest I can see it snapping out of the inverted position. I have contacted Logitech support but they do not have an FSX or P3D program they can test this with and without them seeing it in action I don't believe we will ever come to a solution. If I could make an Mp3 video of the problem in action maybe they could play that, but I don't know how to do that. If there is an X56 simmer reading this please respond. Thanks
i7 8700K CPU @ 4.8 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 3000 memory, Gigabyte Aorus Z370 MB, EVGA RTX 2060 Super XC GPU 8GB GDDR6 Memory, MasterAir MA610P CPU cooler, 1TB PCIe NVMe SSD, 500 GB SSD, 2T HDD, 3 Asus 24" monitors, Saitek X56 Rhino HOTAS.[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
Surely there must be some forum member who uses an X56 for flight simulation. I can't be the only one. Can I?
i7 8700K CPU @ 4.8 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 3000 memory, Gigabyte Aorus Z370 MB, EVGA RTX 2060 Super XC GPU 8GB GDDR6 Memory, MasterAir MA610P CPU cooler, 1TB PCIe NVMe SSD, 500 GB SSD, 2T HDD, 3 Asus 24" monitors, Saitek X56 Rhino HOTAS.[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm still puzzling how the hardware could even cause that. I really doubt that the stick logic can recognize inverted. Does this happen with ALL aircraft?

With a few exceptions, most civilian GA will not remain inverted, the wing design makes them want to correct. Military and akro aircraft should be able to maintain inverted flight

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes this happens with all aircraft that can fly fast enough to do an aileron roll. It only happens with my X56 joystick. I also have an X52 and flying inverted or doing a roll is not a problem. Also to make things even stranger. If I make a video using OBS the playback shows the inversion or roll in perfect form. If I play back the roll using the instant replay in FSX or P3D the problem shows there as in live flight. ???

The problem has been solved. Someone on the FSX-SE forum suggested that I increase my joystick dead zones to a higher setting like 30. So I did this and sure enough the roll anomaly was fixed. I tried several aircraft and they all worked correctly. WooHoo!

The problem has been solved. Someone on the FSX-SE forum suggested that I increase my joystick dead zones to a higher setting like 30. So I did this and sure enough the roll anomaly was fixed. I tried several aircraft and they all worked correctly. WooHoo!

See my other post in FSX forum.

Edited by vgbaron

• 2 weeks later...
Today I made a major discovery. It turns out that the problem doesn't have anything to do with Deadzones after all. The problem returned so I tried a few other things. I use EZCA v2 and started using it at almost the same time I got the X56 controller. So today I loaded up the sim without EZCA and I was able to do a normal roll and fly inverted. I loaded up EZCA and the problem returned. I don't know what part of EZCA is causing the problem though. I have tried turning on and off various settings and none of them stopped the roll over problem. I have tried turning EZCA on and off several times and when it's off no roll over problem when it's on problem returns. Now that we know this does anyone have any ideas about what part of EZCA could be causing this? I really like using EZCA and would like to find out if there is a setting causing this problem.

Offhand no but I would think the EZCA tech support forum might have the answer.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.