Water and scenery on the airport

This is more than likely a mesh issue, or this airport has been "upgraded" and its elevation is not correct?

So two questions:

1) Do you have third-party mesh installed?

2) Is this airport upgraded from the stock FSX airport?

Beyond these two points I really don't know what else is going on except to say maybe some kind of third-party scenery add-on. Did you do anything to the Sim just prior to seeing the swamp at this airport? It may in fact help to retrace your steps.

Mesh changes elevation. It does not turn land into water.

For starters, what airport is this?

And is it an addon airport? (Which addon did you download for that?)

Is it an airport you edited yourself?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mesh changes elevation. It does not turn land into water.

For starters, what airport is this?

And is it an addon airport? (Which addon did you download for that?)

Is it an airport you edited yourself?

Thank you all It was Honolulu - just the version that comes with FSX I did nothing with it.

Thanks for the advice.

PHNL is an airport on the coast.

Some of it's runways are right next to water. That's perfectly normal.

Here's a link that gives you a view of the airport from above in the satellite view of google maps.

(I hope this type of link works. In case it does not work: I googled PHNL then clicked Maps view, then clicked Sattelite, and zoomed out and moved the view a bit.)

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Daniel+K.+Inouye+International+Airport/@21.3226342,-157.9443062,5647m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x7ed111b1cbf331df!8m2!3d21.3245132!4d-157.9250736

PHNL actually has a water Runway as well. (for sea-planes to land on.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah, it's normal for where the runways are at, but not to have a swamp at the airport.

thoroughbredoils, what I would do is change mesh at different levels until it looks like things are back to normal. Perhaps one number of an increase to raise the elevation. I'm sure right now if you fly over Honolulu most of the city is also under water. I had this exact same problem after I installed world-wide mesh, and the mesh I installed for the Hawaiian islands was even more defined.

I don't mess with mesh anymore because I was having to edit airport elevation after airport elevation and then some airports sat on a plateau which looked like crap. I would only use scenery and what have you to make landclass, etc better and just not mess with the mesh stuff. It's just been my experience that all my airport elevations were all messed up and I got sick of it. Plus, mesh will take up even more gigabytes of storage space.

Here's something from ORBX to help your understand FSX layers...

Scenery-Layers.jpg

I doubt it's a mesh issue. If you lower the mesh near the edge of water, it does not run into it like real water would. There are some spots in FSX where the water appears to run up the side of a cliff!

FSX has many airports placed erroneously on bodies of water.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro