Thread: Dehavilland chipmunk, very economical and fun to fly!

Default Dehavilland chipmunk, very economical and fun to fly!

This small aircraft can be just about anything you want it to be (flying that is, no cargo for this bird). This one is basic, small power plant, very economical, a fun aerobatic aircraft that can get you smiling. I have seen several on the air show circuits that have larger, more powerful power plants and they perform quite well!

This one I like calm, if I want to get crazy with it, fine. If I just want a nice flight, no antics, it will provide me the ride I am looking for!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019-7-17_15-49-12-241.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	268.9 KB 
ID:	210705

Rick

lovely aircraft. she is a true joy to fly. thank you for sharing Rick. Best wishes.
    Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

That's been near the top of my fun-flyers list for a long time.
    I like to think of it as a sporty ultralight. I have the JustFlight version.
    Which are you flying? -- Bob

Thanks Khalid and Bob!

Bob, I believe this was an FS2004 download that I found on this site's library. It came with about 8 variations of aircraft. I kept 4 and let the others go!
    I just looked and I believe it was on file chpmnk04.zip, and like I said, I think it was an FS2004, so anyone interested, may have to replace the panel and sound to get it to cooperate in an FSX environment! It is a nice flyer for sure and I do have one of the aircraft with a bubble canopy, but it's in a bright yellow paint which I am not crazy about.

Anyway guys, thanks for commenting!

Rick

Yes, the above information is correct for the aircraft I downloaded. I thought it came with 8 variations, but actually 3 different models, 8 variations!
    It's a great flying aircraft, and anyone that is wanting to learn to fly taildraggers, this would be a good one to learn from!

Rick

Comes from the Classic British Flight Sim site: https://cbfsim.co.uk/cbfs_lib/ There's a lot more to download!

The Chippy is an absolute keeper, good to see you have it Rick!

Quote Originally Posted by azzaro View Post
    That's been near the top of my fun-flyers list for a long time.
    I like to think of it as a sporty ultralight. I have the JustFlight version.
    Which are you flying? -- Bob
    Ditto that I have the JustFlight version too
    Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

Blog Entries

Looks like you were having fun there!