Why Am I Getting This Error Message

bcr751

I'll save you some time and frustration before you get much further with FSX... Check the sticky posts at the top of the forum.

Here's the one that about 50 other guys are about to point you to...

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?262601-Microsoft-Weather

In short, Microsoft doesn't support the weather download anymore. You are now forced to download third party weather interfeaces.

"Aw hell!", I hear you say, but fear not! They actually work better than the built in system.

And they're no big deal to get installed and working.

You will need FSUIPC first.... download it and install it anyway. You'll need it for other stuff too.

I won't say which program is best, but I can't remember exactly (cause I just hit the icon now), but I think I use FXrealWx.

It's freeware, and there are others you may prefer more. There is also payware. Snoop around and check out what you find. Use the forum search function to pull up different ideas, options, and results.

Happy flying!

John

My gosh! I've never seen that error before! You must be the only one getting it:eek: Ok, OK, all joking aside, you will need a 3rd party weather program, costing thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours of installation time. Hang on, more coffee, please!

Actually there are several free programs out there that will give you the real weather that you are looking for. If you do not want to go that route, then just click OK and the Sim will put in some kind of weather. It may not be exactly correct, but I find it just fine.

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?317130-Real-Weather&highlight=weather

Edited by mrzippy

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️