A little more demanding than the b-17! A b-24 to conquer!

I say it is more demanding, but it does help to read the Checklist/Procedures that come with the download. I think I have it down now. It did take a little more to figure it out. The B-17's were more of a "Plug and Play," whereas this one played "hard to get!"

2019-7-15_15-7-8-934.jpg

Rick :cool:

I really like the looks of her! Well done. :pilot:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks Larry and David! Yes, had some challenges. I fly all my sim aircraft in and out of Charleston, SC, RWY 33, 9011' Rwy. I had this sweetheart (I can say it now, but not yesterday or earlier this morning) set for takeoff, 10* flaps, power up, released the brakes and off we go. This A/C ate up almost all of the 9011' runway before it agreed to fly, and it was pushing 145-150 KIAS! I went to the aircraft.cfg, shed 40% of available fuel, still acted up, increased the up travel of the elevator by 3*, still no good. Just out of curiosity, I opened the file and it had a B24 checklist/procedure that says "20* flaps, power up, release the brakes, and rotate at 130 KIAS, yeah right! I did just what it said, and at 130 KIAS, my SWEETHEART more than agreed to take me for a ride! 20* flaps was all I needed! I put everything back to normal and we now have a solid relationship!

Thanks guys! Rick :cool:

The Liberator is a beauty Rick, I always find it helpful to reduce the weight because with her they probably put a bombed-up weight in aircraft.cfg, and you are taking her for a check ride, not a bombing mission. Just calculate roughly how much a load of bombs weigh on a typical B-24 and deduce that off the empty weight of the ship and she will take off nicely.

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, I have a keeper for sure! Now I wish I had a way to changing the title of this thread! I found a couple more issues that was happening and with the patient person that I am (yeah right), I manage to get the resolved. I now have a very nice flying 4 engine warbird. This will have a permanent spot in my hangar!

Rick :cool: