Not very fast, but, who's in a hurry?

It's hard to be fast when you're a flying arsenal.

Also, when you look that good you want everyone to see it. :cool: -- Bob

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-7700 3.6GHz / GTX1660 6GB / 32GB RAM / 49" Samsung CHG90 / WIN10

Super shot of the B-17!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

Hi Rick you keep coming up with these beautiful Fortresses, absolutely love the shot and the paint scheme. The nose art is nice too.

best wishes,

Khalid

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Darren - These aren't recent releases. I thought someone might ask where i got them from. The "Yankee Lady" I downloaded from this site's library, file name of b17g_flying_fortress.zip by A F Scrub. I know he also did the other two but I have not found those files yet. I will look again today!

Thanks for commenting Darren!

Rick :cool:

Okay, Darren, and anybody else that might be interested. The 3 pics I have submitted were for 3 separate downloads I had on my computer. In the process for looking for file names of these downloads, I found that I could consolidate not only 3 B-17's, but 5 B-17's into 1 folder! Oh and the textures I thought were A F Scrub's actually turned out to be Gary Herbert!

Here's the real deal:

Download Lazy Lucy, file name b17g_hg.zip, this will set up your main aircraft that you will add textures to................

Download Fuddy Duddy file name b17g_gh.zip. From this you will use the texture and aircraft.cfg info and add it to the above folder

Download a 4 pack of B-17's, file name Classb17.zip. This will give you 4 textures you will add to the Lazy Lucy file above:

Ruby's Raiders, Yankee Lady, Miss Angela and Factory Stock (factory stock is actually Lazy Lucy which you can delete later after consolidating)

When it is all said and done you will end up with a nice collection of B-17's, (5) of them in one aircraft folder!

Lazy Lucy, Ruby's Raiders, Yankee Lady, Miss Angela and Fuddy Duddy. I renamed the Lazy Lucy aircraft folder to Boeing B17G Flying Fortress. Renamed texture for Lazy Lucy (texture) to texture.Lazy Lucy and renamed the aircraft.cfg texture file for Lazy Lucy to reflect the same.

######## Just an FYI, the Lazy Lucy download does not come with a panel, so you will need to find a panel for a 4 engine prop aircraft #######

Any questions, just PM me and I will try to help!

Rick :cool:

Thanks for the nice comments Larry! I only needed one of these, but hey, I got five for the price of one and they are nice to look at! I had 3 with 3 separate aircraft folders, lots of redundant files. Then Darren asked me about the paints he hadn't seen before. When I went looking for the files, I found one download of 4 B-17 aircraft, and when adding one of my paints to the four, I have 5 B-17's, no redundant files! I ended up with 2 more aircraft and managed to get rid of some redundant files at the same time!

Thanks again! Rick :cool: