How to delete aircraft reg on wings.

ColR1948

I was recently re-painting an Antonov AN26 CIS, I had no paint kit so cleaned off a paint from one of the other textures.

Everything cleaned off but there was a registration number on the wings, but that number was not showing on the file in the textures, the wings were blank.

I looked to see if tit was some kind of alpha thing but I wasn't sure what I was doing but the wings still looked blank, so where is that number stored and how do I delete it please?

I'm not sure where I got the model now as I've had it in my sim for ages, the textures already on it are Russian so that might be a clue, nothing in the cfg either as that was cleaned up ages ago too.

Thinking back I've had this issue before on other aircraft but ended up using a different model so never looked to find the answer lol.

Further investigation I spotted something on one of the other texture files (UTT) so more than likely that's where I downloaded it.

Edited by ColR1948

No reg on the wing texture?

If there is a texture.cfg in the texture folder it might point to a common texture folder where it's picking up a wing with a reg number painted on.

OR

Possibly the model reads the reg from the aircraft.cfg and prints it on the wing

OR

The panel.cfg has a gauge that puts it on the wing like some gauges put it on the instrument panel.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Is it an FSX model? the only way a reg no. can be displayed on the exterior model is with a bitmap, does the texture folder include any specular bmp's or dds files for the wings? if so then the reg no. is more than likely being produced from the spec texture. If this is the case and you want to edit it, make sure you check the alpha channel for any reg marks.

Hi Paul, The wing textures are not in a separate folder, everything is in one folder, body, wings, tail etc.

I was using paint.net as the editor and I'll be honest I am not familiar with editing alpha channels.

I would like to know why this is happening not just because of this particular instance but for future reference as well, plus it might help someone else.

Col.

You know, once I saw it I remember doing this before but it was years ago, I completely forgot.

Well done Bean, you nailed it, I never thought of looking there, any way it got rid of the number and the aircraft looks a lot better now, thank you mate.

Col.