Thread: X-Plane v.s. FSX or FS9

1. Default X-Plane v.s. FSX or FS9

See more and more items for X-Plane. Is the the same as FSX or other Flight Sims. Can the downloads be added the same as FSX?

2. Default

Hi.
    Yes, it's easy to add Scenery, you place it in the Custom Scenery folder, run the app once and then go back and edit "scenery_packs.ini" and set the priory sequence, and Aircraft just add it to.. \Aircraft\Laminar Research or Extra.
    One thing to keep in mind XP is now going through a lot of changes and most of the older acft. that are not designed specifically for a particular / latest version may not work in the latest version. The Scenery will mostly work with the new updated versions.
    After you get used to it adding Scenery and acft in XP is an way simpler that in MSFS.

3. Default

Great
    Thank You

You can also do separate folders within the 'Aircraft' folder too for different types of aircraft.
    As already said by flytv1 adding scenery is very easy, I always unzip it to my desktop then drag it to the Custom Scenery folder.
    What version of XP have you got, if it is XP11 (Some) aircraft for XP10 will work but others won't unless they get upgraded, any earlier version aircraft I wouldn't bother trying.

5. Default

Hi CR and everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by ColR1948 View Post
    adding scenery is very easy, I always unzip it to my desktop then drag it to the Custom Scenery folder.
    A word of caution here, if the Scenery is something other than an Airport chances are that you have to move / change the priority, otherwise it may not work / show up.

Quote Originally Posted by ColR1948 View Post
    ...if it is XP11 (Some) aircraft for XP10 will work but others won't unless they get upgraded, any earlier version aircraft I wouldn't bother trying.
    Do you have a list / source for the Free GA singles complex like the C182-172RG?
    I basically gave up on those in the XP that is one of the reasons I mostly use MSFSX.

6. Default

One of the reasons I switched to XP after many years of flying FSwhatever is that the XP stock scenery is so much better. Much more detailed and accurate, and better textures. With XP I feel very little need for payware or even freeware add on scenery. I also find that XP performs better overall. Very smooth, no "stutters", even at large airports. FS9/FSX do a better job on ai traffic, though.
    Last edited by Sidney Schwartz; 07-11-2019 at 11:59 PM.

I have both on my PC, I'm used to FSX and tweaking certain things like the aircraft.cfg and programming the ai.
    I can't get my head round some of the things in XP, I'm blaming my age lol, Also the ground traffic I turned off in XP, it drove me crazy seeing vehicles going through buildings etc, I even turned them off in FSX for the same reason.

I think most of the aircraft models are very good in XP, lots of detail, in FSX you can swap some things from one aircraft to another but in XP I found that a bit difficult, it probably can be done but I haven't found a way yet lol.