Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: X-Plane v.s. FSX or FS9

X-plane rules, FSX drooles. X-plane is so much better than fsx, No comparison. End of thread.

You fly an airbus 320 in fsx, auto start the engines and takeoff. You try to fly an airbus 320 in x-plane, You would not be able to start the engines much less even being able to takeoff.
    Last edited by lavochkin; 08-10-2019 at 06:20 PM.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by lavochkin View Post
    X-plane rules, FSX drooles. X-plane is so much better than fsx, No comparison. End of thread.

You fly an airbus 320 in fsx, auto start the engines and takeoff. You try to fly an airbus 320 in x-plane, You would not be able to start the engines much less even being able to takeoff.
    LOL, well if I could get Xplane to actually get above 10fps I may agree. But as it stands I don't have much choice but to fly fsx. Believe me, I'd much rather go with xplane if I could.

Quote Originally Posted by lavochkin View Post

I fly P3Dv4, Aerofly FS2, XPlane 11 and FSX. Of course they all have their strong and weak points. But I have to say that XP is collecting dust in my computer, because realistic scenery is important to me. While the LOOKS of the standard XP scenery is not bad, it has little to do with reality - you will notice that immediately when flying over familiar cities/terrain. I want more realism, and I get it in spades in P3D and FSX with Orbx Global and Land Class scenery. No such world-wide, realistic scenery is available for XP yet. FS2 looks great in some places, but has flat photo scenery in many others, and world coverage is very limited. Just my humble opinion.

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.5GHz; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti 11GB GDDR5X; ASRock Z270 K6 Gaming MB, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM; 500GB SSD + 2TB HDD; Windows 10 Pro 64-bit; 34" 21:9 curved 4K Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by johnost View Post
    I fly P3Dv4, Aerofly FS2, XPlane 11 and FSX. Of course they all have their strong and weak points. But I have to say that XP is collecting dust in my computer, because realistic scenery is important to me. While the LOOKS of the standard XP scenery is not bad, it has little to do with reality - you will notice that immediately when flying over familiar cities/terrain. I want more realism, and I get it in spades in P3D and FSX with Orbx Global and Land Class scenery. No such world-wide, realistic scenery is available for XP yet. FS2 looks great in some places, but has flat photo scenery in many others, and world coverage is very limited. Just my humble opinion.

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.5GHz; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti 11GB GDDR5X; ASRock Z270 K6 Gaming MB, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM; 500GB SSD + 2TB HDD; Windows 10 Pro 64-bit; 34" 21:9 curved 4K Monitor
    I am the opposite. I want the aircraft to be more realistic. And X-plane does that. I do not care about the scenery. This is a FLIGHT SIMULATOR, not some photo shop.

I respect your humble opinion, But I am not humble and I am a very out spoken person, my way or the highway.

Cheers!

Yes - to each his own!

Just tried x-plane 11 for first time, and I think I'm going to become a convert. Had tried xplane 9 years ago and wasn't impressed, but 11 is so much more polished. FSX just looks really dated now.
    Iain
    AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
    8GB AMD RADEON RX 580

7. Default

OK I must be the worlds slowest operator. I cannot figure out how to get started with X-plane. Can someone list for me the first CD I need to get for X-plane and scenery for US, Europe, and basic Asia land mass? I wish to order them and get started.

8. Default

I googled: x-plane buy
    and found this:
    https://www.x-plane.com/desktop/buy-it/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2