Better operating system than 64 bit?

bkdroid13

I want to ask one general question here, We have seen 32 bit and 64 bit Operating System.

Is there any other larger size bit Operating System exist? If yes can you please share the link to download it? i want the best speed operating system.

Basic, when it comes to general PC operating systems the answer is no.

There are, however, some non-commercially available systems that can use higher bit rates.

See this LINK regarding the various bit rates available - it opens on the 64 bit page but you can use the links located in the box at top right of the page to switch between other rates and see the info on them.

WRT you statement about wanting the best speed operating system - It should be noted that it is not just about having the best speed OS. Any applications that you run must be able to take advantage of the speed for best performance.

In most cases, a app designed for a specific bit version will not run any better on a PC that has a higher bit rate OS because it is still 'caged' by its bit architecture and its capabilities.

A basic sim related example of this:

FSX and earlier versions of P3D are 32 bit apps. A 32 bit app can only access a maximum of 4Gb of physical RAM at any time, even if installed on a 64 bit OS that has a large amount of RAM fitted.

Later versions of P3D are 64 bit apps and can make full use of the 64 bit capabilities and therefore can, in theory, access all of the free RAM that is fitted in the PC.

This LINK gives you some info regarding memory use of the different bit rates.

Regards

Brian

This forum is for Auto Simulation (race cars) and not for 'General Support' for Windows, or Flight Sim. But you are new so I will just point this out for your info and no harm done. Have a good day.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).