t.flight hot as x Joystick Help

Jen65

My friends J-stick a T.Flight Hotas x used with fs2004 is not working properly. It's unpredictable on take offs and sometimes works fine when landing but any other tome he needs auto pilot or has no control.

He has no install disk so I assume plug n play.

How can he do a complete clean reinstall when it didn't come with install software?

He has attempted re calibrating many times with no luck. Sometimes the cursor moves opposite of the intended direction.

Please help as he is my fly buddy.

This device is designed to be used with PS4. If you want to use it with Windows 7,8,10 you need to download 'FIRMWARE 25' (Jan 2019) and follow proceedure to install. The device should not be plugged in until you install the FIRMWARE. So, it is NOT 'Plug-N-Play' as far as Windows and FS9 is concerned. Windows might install 'generic' software, but since the device has it's own memory (where the 'FIRMWARE' resides, or, is stored) and electronics, nothing good will happen. Axes won't work. So you need to 'flash' the Hotas's memory (where it PERMANTLY stores the info it needs to work with PC and then with Windows (and, thus, FS9). Good luck.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Hello There.

Just something simple you might want to check

If you look on the front of the stick you will see a switch marked PC and PS3, make sure you haven't inadvertently switched it to PS3 .

Iam sure I have done this myself.

I have used the Tflight hotas X (with fs2004 ) for many trouble free years .

Cheers Andy

PS

I have just checked the Thrustmaster site .

I see they now do various similar looking joysticks to the original hotas X.

One being the the Tflight hotas one, and a couple of combat variations as well.

They all look pretty much identical to the original Tflight hotas X.

We really need to know which one you have.

If you do have the original Tflight Hotas X (the one I have used for many reliable years)it is actually plug and play.

Anyways it's worth checking out the Thrustmaster site as they offer various driver updates /info etc.

Although the basic Tflight Hotas X is plug and play.

Edited by HoratioWondersocks