Saturn Airways fleet

Hey,

Got a new fleet uploaded. This time of Saturn Airways. The files should be available within a day or so.

This time it's a little different. I have also uploaded a complete aircraft this time. The Saturn Airways Lockheed L100-30. I looked hard for a (non AI) FSX or FS2004 version of the plane, but came up short. I decided then to make it myself. I contacted the very talented AI aircraft creator; Henry Tomkiewicz of HTAI, to use his aircraft. There you have it. It comes with panel & sound. Yes, it is AI, but it flies like a magic carpet - smooth as.

Here is also my take on Saturn's history:

Saturn was founded in 1948 as "All-American Airways" and, as a supplemental carrier, it flew cargo and tour flights. It's main business was with the U.S. military. In 1964 it got the authority by the CAB to operate transatlantic flights. Then, in 1965 AAXICO, a major military contract supplemental, submerged itself into Saturn. Tragically, two DC-6s were lost in accidents in January 1967, of which one was fatal. Later that year, Saturn became a public corporation. The fleet by 1968 comprised of DC-8-61s, DC-8-55Fs, DC-7CFs and DC-6As. In its first year of Jet operations they got a 49% increase in revenue. By 1971 Saturn was the 5th largest U.S. supplemental, and in 1972 they received their first of 12 Lockheed L100-30 Hercules. In 1974 Saturn got into merger talks with Trans International, and posted its largest net profit ever with gains of $4.9 million. The two airlines' application for the merger was approved by the CAB in 1976. Thus, on November 30 1976, the company merged into Trans-International Airlines (TIA).

The planes:

Saturn 707-379C [Captain Sim]

1 Saturn 707-379C.jpg

6 Saturn 707-379C.jpg

Saturn DC-6B [CalClasic]

5 Saturn DC-6B.jpg

4 Saturn DC-6B.jpg

Saturn DC-7C [CalClassic]

1 saturn DC-7C.jpg

5 saturn DC-7C.jpg

Saturn DC-8-61CF [JustFlight]

4 Saturn DC-8-61.jpg

6 Saturn DC-8-61.jpg

Saturn L100-30 [HTAI]

1 Saturn L100-30.jpg

7 Saturn L100-30.jpg

Ted

Verrrry nice. Great work Ted.

best wishes.

Khalid

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Love the new fleet! Way to go!

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]