Traffic is missing at two more airports

I don't know what to do anymore two more airports have missing traffic both OMDB AND OTHH don't have any traffic. OMBD is fly tampa scenery and OTHH scenery is freeware I got from either this website or flyawaysim. I don't know what to do anymore this is extremely frustrating.

Is there no traffic any where?

If you have fsx-type Ai trafficplans and fs9-type Ai trafficplans both installed, only the aircraft from the Fs9 type traffic will show while you are flying.

That will mean almost no more traffic. Only at the airports that those few fs9-type trafficplans go to will you occasionally see an aircraft.

The fix. Use the free AIFP (AI Flight Planner) program to search for any fs9 Ai trafficplans and to convert them to fsx-type. (and select the option to delete the fs9 versions after conversion, so they are no longer in your fsx install.).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is there no traffic any where?

If you have fsx-type Ai trafficplans and fs9-type Ai trafficplans both installed, only the aircraft from the Fs9 type traffic will show while you are flying.

That will mean almost no more traffic. Only at the airports that those few fs9-type trafficplans go to will you occasionally see an aircraft.

The fix. Use the free AIFP (AI Flight Planner) program to search for any fs9 Ai trafficplans and to convert them to fsx-type. (and select the option to delete the fs9 versions after conversion, so they are no longer in your fsx install.).

I did convert them and there's traffic just not at certain airports its deserted

It could down to a number of reasons....

1. No installed traffic file has aircraft listed to visit the airports in question. This may especially be the case for OTHH because this is a relatively new airport that replaced an older airport (OTBD) which is located nearby. Therefore, traffic files may still be using the old airport code.

2. The traffic file may have aircraft listed to visit but you have not installed the required AI models associated with the file.

However, in both of these options I would expect default AI engine to generate some basic AI UNLESS you have deleted or renamed the default traffic file at some stage.

3. Timings - are you at the airport at a time when flights are due to depart/arrive or are nearing a departure/arrival time. On startup, the sim will only load the AI at the airport or its vicinity based on the timings contained in the traffic file. This means that, depending of the frequency of flights, there may be times when the airport has no scheduled traffic.

It should be noted that timings can be expressed in local or UTC (UTC is also known as GMT) so, for example, an depart time of 0700 local at OTTH and OMDB can be either expressed 0700 local OR 0400 or 0300 UTC/GMT (OTTH local time is 3 hours ahead of UTC and OMDB is 4 hours ahead of UTC)

Regards

Brian

Another thing to look for if none of the above solve it.

I downloaded some ai flight plans and I too got a no show and I had compiled them with AIFP.

Then I remembered something I forgot to do, remove the @ symbols from the plan, I always do it as well but I forgot this time.