Windows 7 vs Windows 10?

bkdroid13

I am formatting my computer, I am struggling to decide on which windows to install.

Windows 10 does not ask user whether to install upadates or not.

Let me know your views on which to choose version of window.

Thanks

Windows 10 does not ask user whether to install upadates or not

You can pause updates for up to a month. I've been running Windows 10 for several months now without any issues. Works fine.

You'll certainly need it on a new build.

Cheers!

Luke

Microsoft ends Windows 7 support for consumers in January 2020 -- no more bug fixes or security patches. At my workplace, enforced by IT security rules, and at my home, enforced by me, no unsupported operating systems running anywhere unless it might somehow be a standalone computer always disconnected from the Internet. Edited by ftldave
add txt

Definitely 10, much as I'd hate to say it. You'll have something that is somewhat future proof.

Best wishes.

Khalid

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...

Personally I don't like Windows 10, I used to have Win7 and loved it, I had a hardrive crash and I re-installed Win7 but when I came to register it wouldn't let me, the reason was I had installed it too many times, which was true.

I've put it on laptops I've owned plus a few other PC's so the only option I had was to upgrade to 10, I've read numerous threads on this subject you either love it or hate it, like I said (personally) I am not a fan of 10.

My FS9, FSX and X-Plane 11 all seem to run OK with 10 but they also did on Win7.