Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: What would be a reason you would NOT get FS2020?

Reflecting on how much ive spent on FSX, it certainly wouldn't be the price that
    puts me off buying FS2020. Hell, i will even upgrade my PC if I think it is worth it.
    (My PC is 6 yrs old so probably could do with it anyhow). This is my main hobby at the end of the day and what price happiness?

For me it basically comes down to it needing to be a significant upgrade
    on FSX . Also if there is any hint of FPS issues i'm out

That said i am feeling very positive about the announcement and cannot wait for it's release.

Cheers
    Stinger.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

I’ll see it when/if it gets there.
    All the fuzz based on a promo video reminds me of MS Flight.
    Have other nuts to crack ‘til 2020.

Wim

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by dogdish View Post
    I'm willing to get Windows 10 (on a separate bootdrive, long live Windows 7!) to use it, however if...

I can't use it off-line in some manner, forget it.

If it's a subscription service, forget it.

EDIT: Also if it requires Periodic Entitlement Verification aka Grand Theft Auto V, then forget it. The reason I won't buy anymore GTA series.
    I left Flightsim in 2004 - coming back for FSX 20202 or what ever the name is, moved to 3D graphics. there are 3D programs which are now subscription, especially Adobe stuff, and it is a pain. you stop paying and its stops working, no warning no nothing, is just stops. some of those subscriptions are $60 to $250 a month (US), granted when you could have bought it the upfront cost was upwards of $3,600 (US).

I am sure you may know this but MS will stop extended support for Win7 come this January (2020), so no patches, no security updates, you'll be on your own.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bobc4d View Post
    I am sure you may know this but MS will stop extended support for Win7 come this January (2020), so no patches, no security updates, you'll be on your own.
    True, however I still have old computers I built that have Windows 98SE, Windows 2000, Windows Vista x64 that still function fine with no support. Rarely take them on-line. Will do same with Windows 7 still have install DVD and saved all Microsoft stand-alone updates.

I only have a few games that are played on-line (GTA V and Race Room Experience, etc) that I would put on Windows 10, besides FS2020. As long as it meets my criteria of course.
    Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64gb 2666, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, WD VelociRaptor 250gb and 1000gb, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, CM Cosmos S, Logitech M570/K800 Wireless Trackball/Keyboard, Windows 7 64 Ultimate

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bobc4d View Post

That doesn’t bother me. My home pc is strictly a gaming rig now.
    Dell XPS X8300 Intel core i7-2600(3.4 GHZ,8 MB Cache) 8 GB memory 1.5 TB HDD 2 GB Nvidia 1050 ti graphics card Windows 7

Computer, I am gaming on an Asus non gaming laptop, with 8 gbs of ram, if the game is too big with lots of goodies that my laptop can't handle, I doubt i'll be able to play it.

Hi,

Simple answer for me... I'm not getting it, period.

I'm on FS9 and staying there. I've put way too much time and effort in airport editing, setting up WOAI with more current flight plans, aircraft addons, etc., to throw all that away now.

And if it isn't MSF 2.0, but an actual FS, it could just be flashier graphics with the same old "under the hood" stuff we've had since FS9. Like not being able to use different non parallel runways...

DDP.

8. Default

Same here as regard to a subscription. I have no interest in going down that road.

9. Default

MS peaked with FS2004. The balance between freeware and payware was wonderful. Yes FSX was fancier graphics but with careful addons FS2004 gives it a good run for its money looks wise.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by anaismith View Post
    MS peaked with FS2004. The balance between freeware and payware was wonderful. Yes FSX was fancier graphics but with careful addons FS2004 gives it a good run for its money looks wise.
    Totally agree. I think there are many who are actually running a FSX which looks graphically inferior to my FS9. It all depends what add-ons you use and how you pump them in to each sim that will determine how good it will look.

In regards to the OP question, there are a million reasons I have pointed out in various places why at this stage I would not buy it. I have now found another reason after watching the trailer a second time. The trailer is carefully constructed to sell the game and show it's best assets. They avoid anything that will show potential graphics flaws. What is below I believe slipped through and has not been picked up in any of the billion posts at the other site discussing the trailer or by an ACES expert as far as I know. It's imo the most critical and most blatantly obvious scene in the entire trailer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MSFS.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	270.0 KB 
ID:	210486
    Last edited by Skywatcher12; 07-06-2019 at 08:29 PM.
    Mark Daniels

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast