Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What would be a reason you would NOT get FS2020?

1. Default What would be a reason you would NOT get FS2020?

I'm willing to get Windows 10 (on a separate bootdrive, long live Windows 7!) to use it, however if...

I can't use it off-line in some manner, forget it.

If it's a subscription service, forget it.

EDIT: Also if it requires Periodic Entitlement Verification aka Grand Theft Auto V, then forget it. The reason I won't buy anymore GTA series.
    Last edited by dogdish; 06-25-2019 at 08:13 PM.
    Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64gb 2666, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, WD Black SN750 NVMe 250Gb and 1Tb, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Logitech M570/K800 Wireless Trackball/Keyboard, Windows 7 64 Ultimate

Quote Originally Posted by dogdish View Post
    I'm willing to get Windows 10 (on a separate bootdrive, long live Windows 7!) to use it, however if...

I can't use it off-line in some manner, forget it.

If it's a subscription service, forget it.
    1. I love FSX and have a lot of time & money invested in it.

2. Price is probably going to be crazy for FS2020 & I don't like being held hostage paying subscription fee if they go that route.

Blog Entries

1) I want nothing to do with Windows 10.

2) I don’t want to pay a subscription fee.
    Dell XPS X8300 Intel core i7-2600(3.4 GHZ,8 MB Cache) 8 GB memory 1.5 TB HDD 2 GB Nvidia 1050 ti graphics card Windows 7

Price

Price - or method of continuity of `membership` . I dont have anything `XBox` in my house, and wont be starting anytime soon...

Method of entry - continuous subscription doesn't work - I have very limited simming time

Lack of developer contribution.

Past history - their interpretation of `simulator` might not reflect mine.

Lack of skill - who are the developers? Any history in the industry?

Hardware requirements - not buying a new rig for MSFS.

Like most sensible simmers I am holding back until it's out, bugfixed, and requirements for computing power and methods is known and understood FAR better than it is at the moment.

If xbox only: Never

pc: Probably, but not if i have to get a cray to run it

(starting with msfs ver. I, purchased every version since 1985, except ms95)

most certainly not with a subscription

Price and subscription fees probably won't be a deal killer for me. I expect those will be in line with my other recreational expenses.

But, if political correctness leads to no military planes available in the sim, I will be reluctant. So-called "corporate culture" has changed since FSX Acceleration and Gold versions were released back when. If done today, I wonder if Microsoft would still include the F/A-18 fighter jet? Or would it be excluded because it's now an example of "toxic masculinity", and Microsoft doesn't want to offend anybody?

Subscription fee and lack of backwards compatibility will kill that for me.

Jorgen

For better or worse, subscription fees are here to stay. I do work for HP and even their ink has a subscription. For me it would have to be like not living up to the hype (case with Flight), or how they work with 3rd party developers. Time will tell.

Limited Edition Only Available Thru July 31!

Quote Originally Posted by ftldave View Post
    Price and subscription fees probably won't be a deal killer for me. I expect those will be in line with my other recreational expenses.

But, if political correctness leads to no military planes available in the sim, I will be reluctant. So-called "corporate culture" has changed since FSX Acceleration and Gold versions were released back when. If done today, I wonder if Microsoft would still include the F/A-18 fighter jet? Or would it be excluded because it's now an example of "toxic masculinity", and Microsoft doesn't want to offend anybody?
    I would argue that is representative of `toxic femininity` as there are many female military pilots and to deny anyone the opportunity to simulate military aircraft denies this FACT. However the problem may lie with getting permission, and that's certainly more of `toxic` problem - Scumbag lawyers rule the roost these days...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast