Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What would be a reason you would NOT get FS2020?

You mean the 'fuzzy' elephant. Not exactly crisp graphics, that for sure. Good eye. Here is a 'close up'.
    Chuck B
    Napamule
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2020 Elephant_Blurry.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	29.8 KB 
ID:	210487  
    i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D. FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

2. Default

Hi Mark,

I guess I don't have a trained eye What is the flaw your pointing out?

And I hope the management at Microsoft sees this thread and considers the single most biggest objection would be subscription service.

EDIT: Maybe fuzzy due to motion blur?
    Last edited by dogdish; 07-06-2019 at 08:49 PM.
    Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64gb 2666, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, WD VelociRaptor 250gb and 1000gb, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, CM Cosmos S, Logitech M570/K800 Wireless Trackball/Keyboard, Windows 7 64 Ultimate

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by dogdish View Post
    EDIT: Maybe fuzzy due to motion blur?
    Yes, exactly. I believe this is what occurs when the game requires rendering power. I believe the grass in the giraffe scene and elephant scene is identical. The difference in visuals/blurring is what occurs when you introduce speed/movement as you would see if flying low from the cockpit. The grass in the giraffe scene looks sharp and detailed because it is not moving in the frame. When you introduce movement, it all falls apart.
    Mark Daniels

Quote Originally Posted by anaismith View Post
    MS peaked with FS2004. The balance between freeware and payware was wonderful. Yes FSX was fancier graphics but with careful addons FS2004 gives it a good run for its money looks wise.
    Simply not true. FS9 was great, and I enjoyed it for years, but FSX (even the default version, but especially with add-ons) is a FAR more advanced flight simulation program in so many ways. There is just no comparison. Except for those who have had difficulty running FSX on old computers that are not up to the task (and in 2019 that would be pretty old!) it is hard to imagine an informed FS user saying otherwise.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher12 View Post
    Yes, exactly. I believe this is what occurs when the game requires rendering power. I believe the grass in the giraffe scene and elephant scene is identical. The difference in visuals/blurring is what occurs when you introduce speed/movement as you would see if flying low from the cockpit. The grass in the giraffe scene looks sharp and detailed because it is not moving in the frame. When you introduce movement, it all falls apart.
    Motion blur is a option in the graphics settings of some games I have. I usually leave it off. Will just have to wait and see if it is a switchable option or a flaw in FS2020. But it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me when you consider how fuzzy some of the graphics can be in FSX until you add ORBX.
    Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64gb 2666, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, WD VelociRaptor 250gb and 1000gb, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, CM Cosmos S, Logitech M570/K800 Wireless Trackball/Keyboard, Windows 7 64 Ultimate

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Simply not true. FS9 was great, and I enjoyed it for years, but FSX (even the default version, but especially with add-ons) is a FAR more advanced flight simulation program in so many ways. There is just no comparison. Except for those who have had difficulty running FSX on old computers that are not up to the task (and in 2019 that would be pretty old!) it is hard to imagine an informed FS user saying otherwise.
    I say otherwise and consider myself informed. lol

Graphics are the main difference between the two. Ground texturing is the main area. Aircraft, airports, physics, there isn't a huge deal of difference. In order to benefit from FSX graphically over FS9 you then need to deal with VAS. I don't think it's worth it and the better option for me is FS9.
    You also need to run equivalent quality sims to evaluate. Don't compare a default FS9 to a pumped up FSX. If you really pump up FS9 with the right stuff, it slaughters a default FSX. FSX will only beat it when you pump it up to the same degree. Once you do this, you must then deal with VAS.

I shake my head sometimes when I see people having running problems with FSX be it VAS or FPS, see what their sim looks like and know they could have a graphically far superior FS9 with zero VAS or FPS issues. You can only lead a horse to water...
    Mark Daniels

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by dogdish View Post
    Motion blur is a option in the graphics settings of some games I have. I usually leave it off. Will just have to wait and see if it is a switchable option or a flaw in FS2020. But it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me when you consider how fuzzy some of the graphics can be in FSX until you add ORBX.
    That definately isn't deliberate motion blur. It's also been suggested elsewhere a tweak of a number in a cfg file during beta testing should fix it, that also won't be the case.

It's too early to judge graphics, especially on that one trailer. The only certain thing, a complete world to the level of detail in the trailer won't exist. We will need to see what the graphics reality is in due time.
    Mark Daniels

Yep, germs and bacteria would look fuzzy too.

9. Default

For those who missed it...

July 11th, 2019 – Development Update

As the team enters the dog days of summer, we’ve been hard at work putting the finishing touches on many of the big updates we’re planning to share toward the end of summer. Our excitement continues to build, as does our impatience to share this information with you. So we press forward counting down the days until we can open the hangar doors and dive into the details with you.

There are many very important topics being discussed in the community (e.g. New Flight Model/IFR-VFR Flight/Weather Simulation Depth/VR Support, etc.). The team is constantly monitoring the feedback/suggestions being discussed and please know that many of these topics and more, will be covered thoroughly in near future updates.

In the meantime, here’s a work-in-progress screenshot, and confirmation that the Insider Program will be starting in early August as part of our development roadmap kickoff.

On July 25th, we will be releasing another update on our plans for August and September. Until next time, know that the team is excited and anxious to share more information with you.

Sincerely,

The Microsoft Flight Simulator Team
    https://fsi.microsoftstudios.com/

10. Default

Seen it
    Commented at AVSIM
    Comment not fantasy
    Comment removed
    Suspended
    Not much else to add

Latest update is of no surprise, screenshot or text, confirmation.
    Last edited by Skywatcher12; 07-12-2019 at 05:45 PM.
    Mark Daniels

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast