Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Relationship Between Alt Hold & Master AP

Quote: 'There is NO room on the left. There is no room in front of or behind the keyboard. That means both the joystick & mouse MUST remain on the right.'

Maybe try this? (see pic). I LOVE this setup. I fly everyting with it at 45 degrees to my right with no issues of control or accuracy. Funny how our brains work, eh? You could put 'locking' wheels on the spkr box and then be able to move it in/out of position in a jiffy.
    Chuck B
    Napamule
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Joystick on Spkr Box_Desk Layout.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	103.9 KB 
ID:	210423  
    i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D. FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by napamule2 View Post
    Quote: Maybe try this? (see pic). I LOVE this setup. I fly everyting with it at 45 degrees to my right with no issues of control or accuracy. Funny how our brains work, eh? You could put 'locking' wheels on the spkr box and then be able to move it in/out of position in a jiffy.
    Chuck B
    Napamule
    Thanks for the good suggestion but here's the deal with my desk: It has two wings on either side that extend out two feet so I would not be able to have things at an angle like that. The desk is perfect for producing & editing videos, which it was designed for, but it's barely workable for simming. The desk is so thick that I can't even attach a yoke to it.

But Karol was able to fix the AP Master/Alt Hold issue I was having so that problem is solved. One thing I'm starting to do is set up a couple of wooden TV trays out in our lobby where there is a large widescreen TV perfect for simming. I have a USB extension cord for the joystick and a dedicated wireless mic & keyboard so I don't have to move the computer. It's something I can do from time to time. I especially like that set up for night flying as you can see all the lights and detail on the ground much better.

Hey, at least you got some results with the AP issue. That's great. And sounds like you have it all worked out so you can go to the lobby and do simming via 'remote' setup. Very clever and innovative way to sim. Beats my system (ha). Have a good one. One for yourself and one for me (hehe).
    Chuck B
    Napamule
    i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D. FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3