I'm back after a long time because MS is reAnimating FSX in 2020

bobc4d

I'll give you a trucking tip, brake slowly and gently to increase reality. The one part you can't do anything about is wheel rotation due to PC steering wheel hardware restrictions. To turn a real truck you need to heavily rotate/work the wheel. To make a turn in a truck sim, it's nothing like the real world. That's an area you really can't do anything about and feels incredibly wrong.

I haven't played with the truck sims long enough yet to give a highly detailed analysis. From the quick play I have had, I think if they sorted the braking and someone developed a purpose made wheel/shifter for an 18 speed road ranger gearbox, you could have a really great sim. In the future maybe. AND they have to make distance/time real-time! lol

Lol I don’t have real time 8-14 hours to sit and drive a simulated truck.

The “fast forward” feature of FSX is a Godsend. (Aka sim rate x16)

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

Lol I don’t have real time 8-14 hours to sit and drive a simulated truck.

The “fast forward” feature of FSX is a Godsend. (Aka sim rate x16)

Haha, you do need a save option for the longer routes. Regarding wheels, I was thinking 270 degree rotation PC wheels. A 900 degree rotation wheel should feel much more realistic although the physical size of the wheel still feels wrong. They need to make some big contraption wheel you have to totally lean over! I'm probably asking too much. lol

Mark Daniels

well I am enormously looking forward to it. I will buy it as I have bought every other one since fs98.

the breaks will be operated with the full stop key, the s key will cycle my views, and there will be an option to stop the aircraft wildly veering to the left while taking off. with any luck there will be 2D cockpits. There will be simple but nice looking scenery covering the globe and some kind of inbuilt flight planner and database of navigation frequencies. There will be a range of aircraft to fly.

With any luck it wont use more than 6 cores of the processor allowing a well overclocked i5 to shine with the thing, and running in 1080p should not be too taxing for many graphics cards either.

Edited by Georgesim

well I am enormously looking forward to it. I will buy it as I have bought every other one since fs98.

the breaks will be operated with the full stop key, the s key will cycle my views, and there will be an option to stop the aircraft wildly veering to the left while taking off. with any luck there will be 2D cockpits. There will be simple but nice looking scenery covering the globe and some kind of inbuilt flight planner and database of navigation frequencies. There will be a range of aircraft to fly.

With any luck it wont use more than 6 cores of the processor allowing a well overclocked i5 to shine with the thing, and running in 1080p should not be too taxing for many graphics cards either.

Sounds like you would benefit more from learning to fly it right?

I don't expect any return to 2D panels, nor an option to `stop the aircraft veering wildly` on take-off. And the new sim is going to require a fast internet connection and data i/o and a LOT of RAM more than a superfast graphic card or huge amounts of VRAM.

I hope I'm wrong, but fear I'm right...

Sounds like you would benefit more from learning to fly it right?

I don't expect any return to 2D panels, nor an option to `stop the aircraft veering wildly` on take-off. And the new sim is going to require a fast internet connection and data i/o and a LOT of RAM more than a superfast graphic card or huge amounts of VRAM.

I hope I'm wrong, but fear I'm right...

If the game gives me the option to not have to worry about the rudder then as far as i am concerned I am flying it right.

Since I don't have pedals and have no desire to get any, and utterly hate twisting the joystick- I find that very hard for some reason, I truly appreciate Microsoft's commitment to me in this regard. It is probably the main reason I don't fly Xplane very much.

A lot of RAM is fine, and I am lucky in regard to my internet connection, it is fast and not too expensive. I do appreciate other people's concerns in this though.

Edited by Georgesim