Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: KDTW to EGLL and My First CTD! Not Cool...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by flightsimg View Post
    About sure it's that transatlantic flight. Just imagine what a 6-7 hour flight is clogging even a strong computer chip!
    Excellent point

The dreaded BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death) is the most loathsome thing anyone runs into. Once in a blue moon, I do get the odd OOM (Out Of Memory) condition when using the sim for too long, but the BSOD is even worse. Best practice on a long flight is to save, and save often. Then whatever happens you just load the flight and pick up from last save. BSOD's are typically associated with a certain driver update, especially display adapter drivers, and more especially if it is Nvidia based. Windows does give an error code and saves a log of the BSOD. You can decrypt these error codes and this may just give you a hint as to what went wrong.

This link may come in handy

Best wishes.

Khalid
    Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kalizzi View Post
    The dreaded BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death) is the most loathsome thing anyone runs into. Once in a blue moon, I do get the odd OOM (Out Of Memory) condition when using the sim for too long, but the BSOD is even worse. Best practice on a long flight is to save, and save often. Then whatever happens you just load the flight and pick up from last save. BSOD's are typically associated with a certain driver update, especially display adapter drivers, and more especially if it is Nvidia based. Windows does give an error code and saves a log of the BSOD. You can decrypt these error codes and this may just give you a hint as to what went wrong.

This link may come in handy

Best wishes.

Khalid
    Thanks Khalid. I need to find the time. A lot going in my crazy life right now! Thanks for the information!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2