Trinidad and Tobago Air Services - TTAS fleet

Hey,

I thought I'd go to the sunny tropics this time. I have just uploaded the TTAS - Trinidad and Tobago Air Services fleet (of two types - the DC-6B & the HS-748). This airline definitely had an eye catching livery.

And, here's their history:

Trinidad and Tobago is an island nation of the southeastern West Indies, in the Caribbean. It consists of two main islands — Trinidad and Tobago — and several smaller islands. Caribbean United Airlines Ltd. was the main carrier operating a service from Trinidad, the main island, to Tobago, which is off to the North of Trinidad. However, Caribbean United Airlines - established in 1970, failed as an airline and stopped operations in 1974. The government of Trinidad and Tobago consequently formed TTAS at Port of Spain on June 12, 1974 to take over the Port of Spain to Tobago service suspended upon the failure of Caribbean United Airlines. With a pair of Douglas DC-6Bs, TTAS, became the second national carrier, and undertook air bridge flights to Tobago, as well as routes to Grenada, Martinique, and St. Lucia. The DC-6Bs were replaced between 1977 and 1978 by HS-748s. After a short lifespan of 6 years, TTAS was taken over and merged into the main Trinidad and Tobago national carrier - British West Indies Airways, in 1980.

And the planes

TTAS DC-6B (CalClassic)

1 TTAS DC-6B.jpg

2 TTAS DC-6B.jpg

3 TTAS DC-6B.jpg

TTAS HS-748 (Rick Piper)

1 TTAS HS-748.jpg

2 TTAS HS-748.jpg

3 TTAS HS-748.jpg

Cheers

Ted

Love the DC-6 and the Hawker Siddeley. The caption is quite informative too.

Best wishes.

Khalid

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ted, you made my day again!! Just beautiful Sir! ! The livery reminds me bit of the Belgian "Delta Air Transport" (DAT):cool::cool::cool:

Please click on the pics to enlarge:

DC-6 DAT 01.jpg

DC-6 DAT 02.jpg

Edited by peer01
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Very nice work!

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]