Weather in FSX

didou885

Dear All hello

I am an "old" FSX user. Since about two months, the automatic weather updating is not functioning anymore, I get a "unable to retrieve data / check your connection" type error message.

Naturally my internet connection is live and running.

HAs anyone had this, any directions on how to solve....other than fully reinstalling FSX?

I don't want to do that as I have so many add ons running...

Thanks for the help

D

Hi D,

Firstly, you do not have a problem with FSX, you also do not have a problem with your internet connection, so please don't begin re-installing as this will not fix FSX RWW.

FSX's Real World Weather is no longer served (neither 15min update or static), it is not working for anyone. Some kind of issue between Jeppeson database and Microsoft not continuing to provide the service. Hence the dialog popup when trying to use the server.

Most of us have found other solutions to replace FSX RWW, wether it be Payware Weather programs such as REX, Active Sky, Opus, and the like or Freeware like FSXWX or FSRealWX Lite.

Alternatively, you could use FSX's User Defined Weather to make your own customised weather or use FSX's Weather Themes.

I'm using AS16 plus Active Sky Cloud Art and loving it!

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]