Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Flight Sim FSX vs AS16

I don't have any idea what you are talking about. FSX or AS16. I've had FSX Delux installed and running just fine for several years. Now, I'm having this trouble after trying to download AS16. i don't know where to look for the number you listed, nor do I have any idea what it is supposed to do. Can you elaborate a little? Thanks.

2. Default

In the OS registry,

We are talking about FSX Acceleration, until this OS registry entry is corrected AS16 (which requires a working Activated AccPack) will not install properly. What brought this about even though you have FSX Deluxe previously Activated, most likely a Win update or installation of Win10.

On your Windows start menu you will see a search box - type "regedit" (less the ""quotation marks) regedit.exe will come up in the list, click to open regedit, same thing if you have the Menu "Run" box Regedit is the OS utility we need to use to change registry values. Bear in mind wrongly altering Registry values and Keys can cause boot issues or program dysfunction (Backup your registry before editing - for safety)
    Now navigate the registry path till you find the Key Bolded above in my previous post. When you have found the correct Key (left panel), in the right corresponding panel you will see Data Values for that Key. DoubleClick the word "UpperFilters", a dialog will open showing/allowing you to change the Value for "UpperFilters" there should be no other Values remaining other than PartMgr in this dialog.
    (For more guidance) If you like, could you take a PrtScn capture of this dialog then upload it back here.
    Or if you are confident to edit the Value yourself then go ahead and edit it to PartMgr deleting any other value in that dialog. Click Ok to save/enter the new value then exit the registry.
    Now start FSX with your 25 digit AccelerationPack Activation Key handy, once FSX initializes you should be offered the opportunity to enter your AccPack Activation Key.
    When FSX enters the Freeflight screen you will see you are no longer in Demo mode, at this time go for a quick flight then exit FSX, you can then successfully install AS16.

3. Default

PartMgr is only for systems that have the fsx Acceleration update installed. (acceleration was a payware update at one time.).

It is not needed for fsx Sp2. Sp2 does not ask for activation at all.

If your fsx is not activated you did not activate it. (Or you activated but then undid the activation by mistakenly running kb809292.)

Thanks guys but I'm just going to wait a while. I can't afford to go in the wrong direction. Please remember, I'm not trying to install a new program now. I'm just trying to get my FSX back running again instead of being given a 30 minute trial run with FSX Steam Edition. I don't know where that came from or how it got substituted for my normal FSX icon. So, I'm just going to wait. A CD/DVD version of AS16 is on its way. Maybe this will help once I get FSX running correctly again. 'til then' I'll be watching for any other thoughts. Bye for now.

Quote Originally Posted by mrzippy View Post
    Two questions. It took 1-hour to download SP-1. Does this sound normal? I downloaded SP-2. By dumbness, I did it 4 times. Now I'm sure if I really did download it or if they conflict with each other. It took just a few minutes to download SP-2. What do you think?

6. Default

Did you just say you have steam edition installed? That is the same as fsx acceleration. Acceleration contains the same as SP1 and SP2 plus a bit extra.
    So for fsx steam edition you are not supposed to install sp1 and 2.

For fsx deluxe, yes, for that sp1 and 2 add some improvements.
    Not so however for steam.

Make clear
    what version (versions) of fsx you have,
    which version (versions) are not activated properly,
    and what you are trying to use ActiveSky with.

It is possible to use both editions of fsx on one computer at the same time, but not advisable as using both complicates things quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by il88pp View Post
    Did you just say you have steam edition installed? That is the same as fsx acceleration. Acceleration contains the same as SP1 and SP2 plus a bit extra.
    So for fsx steam edition you are not supposed to install sp1 and 2.

For fsx deluxe, yes, for that sp1 and 2 add some improvements.
    Not so however for steam.

Make clear
    what version (versions) of fsx you have,
    which version (versions) are not activated properly,
    and what you are trying to use ActiveSky with.

It is possible to use both editions of fsx on one computer at the same time, but not advisable as using both complicates things quite a bit.
    I have the following version:
    FSX Delux Edition
    Two-disk Program
    I don't have any other versions that I am aware of.
    The "trial version for FSX Steam" just appeared.
    I am trying to use FSX Delux Edition with ActiveSky AS16
    When I installed AS16, it worked OK
    FSX was working OK
    But they did not work together.
    I uninstalled AS16, then things started going wrong.
    I installed your SP-1 and SP-2. I think that was OK.
    But error messages 1-80004005 showed up. Now it shows up when I click on FSX incon and gives me
    a 30 minute trial flight using FSX Steam. Then tells me I need to activate the program which I do not have. I've been running FSX Delux since December 2016 without any problems. Started running out of memory recently. Decided to reinstall FSX Delux "over" my already installed program to solve the OOM problem. I solved that by adjusting FSX settings. Reduces Graphics and Scenery from 100% to 80% and that gave me back the memory. I do not know anything else to do.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    I have the following version:
    FSX Delux Edition
    Two-disk Program
    I don't have any other versions that I am aware of.
    The "trial version for FSX Steam" just appeared.
    Things don't just appear.
    You probably installed it at some point. (or maybe a shop did?)
    Btw, what is it that tells you you have Steam Edition?
    I am trying to use FSX Delux Edition with ActiveSky AS16
    When I installed AS16, it worked OK
    FSX was working OK
    But they did not work together.
    Yes, because you had FSX Deluxe only at that point.

[QUOTE=Gipper;2083900]
    But error messages 1-80004005 showed up. Now it shows up when I click on FSX incon and gives me
    a 30 minute trial flight using FSX Steam. Then tells me I need to activate the program which I do not have.
    It seems you DO have fsx steam edition.
    Why? Well, you must have installed it at some point.
    Without a code that wont get activated. SO uninstall FSX Steam Edition Trial again.

I've been running FSX Delux since December 2016 without any problems. Started running out of memory recently.
    OOM errors are not a sign of an error in the fsx software. It just means you need to lower your settings.

Decided to reinstall FSX Delux "over" my already installed program to solve the OOM problem.
    ?????
    Install it " "over" my already installed program"????
    What's that supposed to mean.
    What ever it means. A uninstall reinstall is just that. Uninstalling--reinstalling. By:
    Uninstall all payware addons from Control panel and in other ways if needed.
    Uninstall fsx from Windows Control Panel, reboot the pc.
    Uninstall fsx from Windows Control Panel again a second time, and also rebooting the pc again.
    And only then reinstall.

I've been running FSX Delux since December 2016 without any problems. Started running out of memory recently.
    Again, it's not a problem with FSX. Reinstall won't help. OOM errors are just an fsx limitation that you run in to if you run too detailed scenery and aircraft. The OOM limit can be avoided by reducing your settings.

Something I don't understand is:
    I solved that by adjusting FSX settings. Reduces Graphics and Scenery from 100% to 80% and that gave me back the memory. I do not know anything else to do.
    You say you solved it. So what's the problem I'd think. But maybe what you describe here is the situation before you tried to install active sky and also before you "installed over the old install"

----------
    If you have steam edition installed. Uninstall it.

I still don't know if fsx deluxe edition is currently installed, and if so, if it is activated.
    (You only said you have a trial version of steam edition.)
    Maybe you aren't sure either?
    Try to make that current situation clear.
    Last edited by il88pp; 06-26-2019 at 02:02 AM.

[QUOTE=il88pp;2083909]Things don't just appear.
    You probably installed it at some point. (or maybe a shop did?)
    Btw, what is it that tells you you have Steam Edition?

Yes, because you had FSX Deluxe only at that point.

It seems you DO have fsx steam edition.
    Why? Well, you must have installed it at some point.
    Without a code that wont get activated. SO uninstall FSX Steam Edition Trial again.

OOM errors are not a sign of an error in the fsx software. It just means you need to lower your settings.

?????
    Install it " "over" my already installed program"????
    What's that supposed to mean.
    What ever it means. A uninstall reinstall is just that. Uninstalling--reinstalling. By:
    Uninstall all payware addons from Control panel and in other ways if needed.
    Uninstall fsx from Windows Control Panel, reboot the pc.
    Uninstall fsx from Windows Control Panel again a second time, and also rebooting the pc again.
    And only then reinstall.

Again, it's not a problem with FSX. Reinstall won't help. OOM errors are just an fsx limitation that you run in to if you run too detailed scenery and aircraft. The OOM limit can be avoided by reducing your settings.

Something I don't understand is:

You say you solved it. So what's the problem I'd think. But maybe what you describe here is the situation before you tried to install active sky and also before you "installed over the old install"

----------
    If you have steam edition installed. Uninstall it.

I still don't know if fsx deluxe edition is currently installed, and if so, if it is activated.
    (You only said you have a trial version of steam edition.)
    Maybe you aren't sure either?
    Try to make that current situation clear.
    I do not have FSX Steam Edition installed on my PC. I remembered this morning that I do have MSflight simulator 98 (FS98) installed but haven't touch it since installing FSX Delux. Now back to the problem. I'm going to try to post some scrn shots of what happens.
    First - I click on normal FSX incon bottom of screen. That generates the normal picture but with ERROR MESSAGE 1-80004005. I click on YES and it goes to the screen showing FSX Steam Edition. see pic. Click out of that and it goes to opening screen where I click "Load" and pick previous flight.
    I will fly that plane for 30 to 35 minutes, and it will STOP. Gives me the message, "Time Limit Expired." Activate program......Click "Yes" and the program ends. So. heres the pics, if I'm lucky.
    pic. 1 - opening screen and 1-80004005 error code
    pic. 2 - shows Program title as FSX Steam Edition
    pic. 3 - shows message "Sure You Want to Exit" Yes/No. pick Yes, and it stops.
    UNABLE TO LOAD PICS. - must resize then submit. Will do in a little while. Sorry...
    Last edited by Gipper; 06-26-2019 at 05:02 PM.

Trying to load scrn shots
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast