Flight Sim FSX vs AS16

Gipper

Hi Gipper,

Thanks for the well wishes, 4th July and all, but as an Aussie, American Independence is not a holiday for us, but you guys have a great time all the same.

As for those 2 Directories DX & SP2Cache that is normal DX is DirectX9 Setup & runtime .cab's and SP2Cache, is well, SP2 Installation Cache.

If you had installed AccelerationPack, it would be DX & XPackCache

All the best, Jethro.

Well Jethrom, take the word "Fourth" and change the uppercase letter "F" to a lowercase letter-case "f", then you will understand what I mean. (haahhaa!!)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is the 4th time I have read this post and at this point (4th of July) I figure you should just BLAST IT ALL and just go get you a new computer! Ha!

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

I've tried to explore instead of uninstall FSX right now. See PrtScn of installed programs per request. Also, I found the file where you noted. file, dem4km.bgl, size is 4371 kb. I am not able to find "WindowsExplorer" to try to do what you suggested. How do I find it? I only have "file explorer" and theres no place to display properties. We, (YOU), might solve this problem in spite of my lack of knowledge inside computers. I did recieve the CD/DVD backup disk for AS16 today. Now, I just need to get FSX running again. Boy, I'll tell you. If I had to go through this kind of stuff 65 years ago when I recieved my pilot's liscens to fly a real airplane, I doubt I would have ever gotten to fly. Any how, I do appreciate your help. Also thanks to Mr. Zippy. Will wait to hear how to go further.CaptureProgListFSX-01.JPGCaptureProgListFSX-02.JPG

80004005 error shows you installed acceleration. Having partmgr key shows you installed acceleration.

You say you don't have accel. And you say you don't have a licence key for accel. Fine. You are wrong there. It's clear you ran an accel installer from those two errors.

Where you got that accel installer? Not sure, but you may have thought you were downloading an SP1 or 2 installer when you actually downloaded an illegal copy of accel.

And why do I say illegal copy? Because of you dem4kml error. That has shown up several times before, and it was always becausm of somebody illegally downloading Fsx, Fs9, or accel.

So, as said by a few people already, uninstall fsx. Completely. And properly. 2 uninstall steps from Windows Control panel. 2 steps. Don't forget.

Uninstall all payware addons before uninstalling fsx in two steps.

Do a reboot after every uninstall.

Then install fsx fresh.

Stop trying to fix this broken install.

Edited by il88pp
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I found 3-files in question. on the list of programs. 'ASConnect for FSX'; MS FSX SDK; and MS FSXSP2. I uninstalled all three and now, FSX flight simulator is back running like is was before I tried to install AS16. That's it for a while. This has done a number on my nerves. Thanks for everyone's help. Gipper

So far, I have not uninstalled FSX since it is running OK now. Before I try to install AS16 again, I need answers to these question. (1. How can I look to see if I have "accel" or SP's or not? (2. What function do these programs, files, or folders, have to do with FSX? (3. Could they apply to other programs not associated with FSX? (4. Should I go ahead anyway and unistall FSX? (5. If I do, I will have the same questions above to ask. Thanks for any help you can give.

And BTW, note this event. A couple years ago, Microsoft installed Windows 10 Pro on my computer over Windows XP Professional which I was using. They did this without my knowledge or without my permission when I was away from the computer a few hours. That's why I am running Windows 10. I wouldn't think this had anything to do with the problems I've been having, but one can never tell in this fantisy-land of technology known as computers. I am not using a "network". It's a stand alone desk top PC. The END. Thanks.

A couple years ago, Microsoft installed Windows 10 Pro on my computer over Windows XP Professional which I was using. They did this without my knowledge or without my permission when I was away from the computer a few hours.

An automatic upgrade from XP to W10 was never provided by Microsoft.

No idea why you're looking for excuses for running W10.

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

So far, I have not uninstalled FSX since it is running OK now. Before I try to install AS16 again, I need answers to these question. (1. How can I look to see if I have "accel" or SP's or not? (2. What function do these programs, files, or folders, have to do with FSX? (3. Could they apply to other programs not associated with FSX? (4. Should I go ahead anyway and unistall FSX? (5. If I do, I will have the same questions above to ask. Thanks for any help you can give.

And BTW, note this event. A couple years ago, Microsoft installed Windows 10 Pro on my computer over Windows XP Professional which I was using. They did this without my knowledge or without my permission when I was away from the computer a few hours. That's why I am running Windows 10. I wouldn't think this had anything to do with the problems I've been having, but one can never tell in this fantisy-land of technology known as computers. I am not using a "network". It's a stand alone desk top PC. The END. Thanks.

I downloaded SP1 and SP2 from Mr. Zippy's links. Tried to run FSX and got the "error 1-80004005 again, so unistalled SP2 and FSX ran OK. Then I installed AS16 again. I also installed ASConnect as directed. It ran OK. FSX ran OK but there was a message like "cannot connect" because of simconnect not loaded. I'm not sure where to look for a file named "simconnect" but I'm guessing in FSX program. Can anyone tell me where to look? Thanks.

See previous message. Don't know where the reference address came from. It' supposed to read, ....one, let me know where you found it. Thanks.

The previous message got erased. The important thing to note is the message in the small window to the right. It says, "Cannot load SimConnect" Unable to load any managed SimConnect interface. Simulator connectivity is not possible. Please check your simulator/SimConnect installation."

You can see FSX runs OK and AS16 runs Ok, they just don't work together. It sounds like the "SimConnect" will solve the problem. Sorry for the mess this has become.

FSX-AS16-SimConnectErrorMessage-02.png

Edited by Gipper

See previous message. Don't know where the reference address came from. It' supposed to read, ....one, let me know where you found it. Thanks.

The previous message got erased. The important thing to note is the message in the small window to the right. It says, "Cannot load SimConnect" Unable to load any managed SimConnect interface. Simulator connectivity is not possible. Please check your simulator/SimConnect installation."

You can see FSX runs OK and AS16 runs Ok, they just don't work together. It sounds like the "SimConnect" will solve the problem. Sorry for the mess this has become.

Various versions of SimConnect can be found in the FSX base installation in a subfolder named Redist. Install ALL of them.

Unfortunately, I don't see this sub-folder either on the program disks 1 or 2, nor in the program files stored on the hard drive. What is the typical name of one of your files in the Redlist directory?

Malcott is alking about fsx-Steam. Has nothing to do with your disk version.

As explained in the thread:

Simconnect is part of fsx. If fsx runs, simconnect is installed.

It is installed as part of the fsx install.

There is nothing for you to install manually.

As also explained.:

ActiveSKY needs the simconnect of fsx SP2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So your previous post where you say: I uninstalled SP2, then installed ActiveSKY. Makes very little sense. We already told you you neeed SP2 several times.

I also explained how to get this done:

Uninstall all your payware addons.

Uninstall FSX completely and properly.

Reinstall fsx properly

Install SP1 and 2

Uninstalling properly means doing it from Windows---Control Panel---AddRemove Programs.

And reinstalling means: USING THE INSTALLER ON THE DISK.

(so NOT just copying an old fsx folder!!!!)

(You said earier you reinstalled fsx

But later you said "thank god I have it running again". Which sounds like you are trying to keep your old install running, and like you did not reinstall at all.

You said several times "I don't have a Licence Key".

Whatever do you mean??

No key for Accel?

Or no Key for FSX at all ????!!!

EXPLAIN !!

As said above, if you want Active SKY to work you will have to:

Uninstall all your payware addons.

Uninstall FSX completely and properly.

Reinstall fsx properly

Install SP1 and 2

Btw, you say: "I am computer illiuterate".

That is never a problem. People can learn after all.

But with you I get the feeling you decided: "I'm never gonna learn so I'm not even going to try.". Because you just are asking the same questions over and over in his thread.

Try a bit harder.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As weird as it seems, that error code has to deal with Acceleration. Did you have Acceleration installed at one time on your system?

I think I've figured out what went wrong. Once I downloaded the 2-files, SP1 and SP2, I didn't do anything more to them. They were just stored in my PC waiting for me to do something. I repeated the whole process over, and discovered this to be true.

Now the question is, what do I do with them? Where are they supposed to reside? I assume somewhere withing the FSX program files, but I don't know where.

One at a time, tell me what to do with SP1 (fsx_sp1_ENU), an Application file.

Next, SP2 (fsx_sp2_ENU), a Windows Installer file.

Thanks in advance.

For SP1....run the .exe it will do the installing to your Sim automatically. Once it's done, you can start FSX to make sure that it still operates. Now shut FSX down and do the same procedure with SP2.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

• 2 years later...
Hi guys, love this thread! Mind boggling and trying to learn from it! Sorry to rehash all over again but I have a similar issue and maybe can get some help. Have the original FSX 2 disk Deluxe installed for over 16 years and everything started when I purchased AS16. My issue is that both programs, FSX and AS16 install fine but once AS16 sees my FSX, constantly refers to not having the correct simconnect installed and to use the one in SP2/Xpack which is no where to be found! Got to rhe point where, yesterday, I installed FSX, followed all the correct steps, used a registry cleaner, got everything out and reinstalled FSX, SP1 and SP2 and reinstalled AS16 and still get the same issues. One is the simconnect and anither has to do with the asv, think that was it. Been speaking with HIFI for over a week and seem to be getting no where with them and running around in circles. FSX works fine and AS16 installs fine, AS sees the FSX, it's when I start to fly I get both errors. On an orginal PC which came with Windows 10 and I upgraded to Windows 11 if that means anything. As nentioned, FSX has worked fine for me for 16 years and runs everything EXCEPT for AS16! It's driving me nuts!! Any suggestions? Thanks, Steve

By the way, I did install SP2 SDK as that's what the error tells me to look in to get the SP2/Xpack from and there us no XPack anything! I was about to purchase the Acceleration pack but after seeing this entire post, thought I'd better not get into that mess! Thanks

I am running FSX and AS16 also. I have the as_srv folder under "Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Games/Microsoft Flight Simulator X"

Also, on your fight setup, do you have "Weather Theme: Active Sky Weather Theme" selected?