Flight Sim FSX vs AS16

Gipper

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was thinking of FSUIPC as well. AS16 works great on my FSX SE. Recently, I've been flying Prepar3d v4.5 though and using Active Sky for P3D.

Go here to download the newest version of FSUIPC

https://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html

Check out my Real World Flights on the Eric Flight YouTube Channel

Eric Flight YouTube Channel

Check out my Flight Sim Livestreams on Twitch

Eric Flight Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Try reinstalling AS16. I know that it installs a plugin or something like that (Simconnect plugin?) after you install the main program. Then restart the sim and see if it works.

Check out my Real World Flights on the Eric Flight YouTube Channel

Eric Flight YouTube Channel

Check out my Flight Sim Livestreams on Twitch

Eric Flight Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Probably not worth mentioning but, musnt't you start AS16 before you open FSX?

No, this is not necessary. AS16 can be started at any time, but of course it's only useful when FSX is running! In reference to the earlier quote below, AS16 and FSX are meant to work together, and AS16 will automatically find the location of your plane and create real-world weather there. If you are having problems, something is wrong with your installation of AS16.

OK. I see as_srv folder. By the way, when I open AS16, it gives me a messags "No Simconnect Client found". Then, "A valid Simconnect managed version was not found to be correctly installed on this system. You must have FSX SP1 or SP2 SimConnect Client installed in order to use FSX mode with AS16. AS16 will continue to to operate but will not update FSX weather. It is recommended to uninstall and reinstall the latest FSX SP update so this can be repaired (Please go to http://www.fsinsider.com for the free FSX SP1 or SP2 update). ..........

I can't find any SP1 or SP2 data; went to "insider.com" and was told it was not longer available. Now, it seems, I'm getting ready to have a "Night-mare". Appreciate your help.

OK. I see as_srv folder. By the way, when I open AS16, it gives me a messags "No Simconnect Client found". Then, "A valid Simconnect managed version was not found to be correctly installed on this system. You must have FSX SP1 or SP2 SimConnect Client installed in order to use FSX mode with AS16. AS16 will continue to to operate but will not update FSX weather. It is recommended to uninstall and reinstall the latest FSX SP update so this can be repaired (Please go to http://www.fsinsider.com for the free FSX SP1 or SP2 update). ..........

I can't find any SP1 or SP2 data; went to "insider.com" and was told it was not longer available. Now, it seems, I'm getting ready to have a "Night-mare". Appreciate your help.

Are you running a 2 disc or 3 disc version of FSX? If you have 3 discs, then you should have Acceleration installed and no need of SP1 or SP2.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I downloaded SP-1 Ok. SP-2 had a little trouble but think I did it. Watched changes in FSX files as I proceeded. Seemed like things were going OK, then, got Error message 1-80004005. Couldn't find it. Finally, I decided to uninstall AS16 and reinstall it. Now I can't get the zip file to open the new download. Tonight, I will have my night-mare. I'm too tired to deal with any more.

I downloaded SP-1 Ok. SP-2 had a little trouble but think I did it. Watched changes in FSX files as I proceeded. Seemed like things were going OK, then, got Error message 1-80004005. Couldn't find it. Finally, I decided to uninstall AS16 and reinstall it. Now I can't get the zip file to open the new download. Tonight, I will have my night-mare. I'm too tired to deal with any more.

As weird as it seems, that error code has to deal with Acceleration. Did you have Acceleration installed at one time on your system?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I'm not aware of installing Acceleration in the past. However, I do see this in the "User's Guide" of AS16.

"Note that AS16 requires SimConnect SP2 or Acceleration Mangaged Client when used with FSX. SimConnect SP1 is not supported. If you do not have SP2/Acceleration client properly installed, you may not get a proper connection to FSX (i.e. "Waiting for Simulator" even when FSX is runninging). {i am getting this message in FSX}. cont....."SimConnect client installer is available in the FSX/P3D SDK (for FSX this must be from SP1/Acceleration SDK version) as a .msi file which can be copied to and run on the client.

There is further to talk about SimConnect installation. I do not see this Folder in FSX. I do see it in AS16. Does this help?

Edited by Gipper

Hi Gipper,

You are nearly there, Starting over will not rectify the registry entry Acceleration Demo mode.

This FSX Acceleration mode happens when you either have not activated AccPack or the AccPack Activation dialog did not present itself after install in order for you to activate. This is because your registry entry, in Key: {4DE36967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} is not showing as ( PartMgr ) for UpperFilters.

Note the MixedCase and spelling. Any other value for this will prevent FSX/Acceleration from offering the Online Activation dialog.

Navigate or search/find in your registry this Key: {4DE36967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

In

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

\SYSTEM

\CurrentControlSet

\Control

\Class

\{4DE36967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

I don't have any idea what you are talking about. FSX or AS16. I've had FSX Delux installed and running just fine for several years. Now, I'm having this trouble after trying to download AS16. i don't know where to look for the number you listed, nor do I have any idea what it is supposed to do. Can you elaborate a little? Thanks.

In the OS registry,

We are talking about FSX Acceleration, until this OS registry entry is corrected AS16 (which requires a working Activated AccPack) will not install properly. What brought this about even though you have FSX Deluxe previously Activated, most likely a Win update or installation of Win10.

On your Windows start menu you will see a search box - type "regedit" (less the ""quotation marks) regedit.exe will come up in the list, click to open regedit, same thing if you have the Menu "Run" box Regedit is the OS utility we need to use to change registry values. Bear in mind wrongly altering Registry values and Keys can cause boot issues or program dysfunction (Backup your registry before editing - for safety)

Now navigate the registry path till you find the Key Bolded above in my previous post. When you have found the correct Key (left panel), in the right corresponding panel you will see Data Values for that Key. DoubleClick the word "UpperFilters", a dialog will open showing/allowing you to change the Value for "UpperFilters" there should be no other Values remaining other than PartMgr in this dialog.

(For more guidance) If you like, could you take a PrtScn capture of this dialog then upload it back here.

Or if you are confident to edit the Value yourself then go ahead and edit it to PartMgr deleting any other value in that dialog. Click Ok to save/enter the new value then exit the registry.

Now start FSX with your 25 digit AccelerationPack Activation Key handy, once FSX initializes you should be offered the opportunity to enter your AccPack Activation Key.

When FSX enters the Freeflight screen you will see you are no longer in Demo mode, at this time go for a quick flight then exit FSX, you can then successfully install AS16.

PartMgr is only for systems that have the fsx Acceleration update installed. (acceleration was a payware update at one time.).

It is not needed for fsx Sp2. Sp2 does not ask for activation at all.

If your fsx is not activated you did not activate it. (Or you activated but then undid the activation by mistakenly running kb809292.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks guys but I'm just going to wait a while. I can't afford to go in the wrong direction. Please remember, I'm not trying to install a new program now. I'm just trying to get my FSX back running again instead of being given a 30 minute trial run with FSX Steam Edition. I don't know where that came from or how it got substituted for my normal FSX icon. So, I'm just going to wait. A CD/DVD version of AS16 is on its way. Maybe this will help once I get FSX running correctly again. 'til then' I'll be watching for any other thoughts. Bye for now.

Two questions. It took 1-hour to download SP-1. Does this sound normal? I downloaded SP-2. By dumbness, I did it 4 times. Now I'm sure if I really did download it or if they conflict with each other. It took just a few minutes to download SP-2. What do you think?